Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

How are you dealing with the Covid 19 lockdown?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:00 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

David wrote:
Definitely a good time to be a gamer! Mr. Green I picked up a few videogames myself from the op shop a couple of weeks back. The Sims 3 and Fifa 10, because I’m old school. Laughing

think positive wrote:
What about that red thing I saw you in a few years back? A small hatch or van?

You might be thinking of Lola’s blue 1996 RAV4, which served us well until it carked it a couple of years back. We’ve been carless since, though have hired cars from time to time for weekend drives (so it’s possible you might have seen us in one of those?)

You call that old school? I was playing FIFA 2005 the other day... Laughing Laughing
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 2:05 am

Don't even start with me, Eddie – I've been pretty much exclusively playing This Is Soccer 2003 on PS2 for 15 years. Laughing
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:32 am

The original CTR is still the best! My daughter got some new PlayStation thing and they remastered it. But I still have the original!
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:44 am

Jezza wrote:
Tannin wrote:
Wokko wrote:
Hard to believe a team that had an era of absolute dominance with two premierships and the best player in the comp and nobody cared. Move them to Tassie.

We don't want them.

Try New Zealand.

"We" Shocked

Do you no longer identify with your Victorian roots, Tannin?

Cheers Jezza. That depends.

I've always had Tasmanian roots. My parents and all four of my grandparents were born here. My great something-or-other grandfather was transported to Port Arthur around the 1840s. His line aside, my other great grandparents mostly came to Tasmania from the UK as youngsters. That was in the 1890s. I was born in Melbourne and went to school in Victoria (mostly) and the Northern Territory (two years) but spent any amount of time over here on the North West Coast. Because my father got a staff discount in those days, for eighty cents (!) they could pop me on the TAA Friendship to Wynyard or Devonport to stay with one grannie or the other for school holidays, not to mention a weird and wonderful collection of aunties, uncles, cousins, great uncles, and assorted others.

Mind you, I'm a foreigner here because my roots are on the North West Coast and here I am living in the south of the island. Hobart gets on better with Melbourne or Sydney than it does with Launceston or Burnie, I sometimes think.

This last is why there has never been a Tasmanian VFL/AFL team, despite the state having lots of keen football supporters and producing any number of outstanding young footballers. If you base the club in Hobart, no-one from Burnie or Devonport or Launceston will go to the games. (That's ruled half the state out.) And if you base the club in Launceston, no-one from Hobart will go. (That's the other half of the state.)

Nevertheless, there isn't a state in Australia I don't like. I travel incessantly all over. Yes, I avoid Sydney like the plague, and strongly dislike Perth, not to mention horrible Melbourne, but outside those overpopulated hell-holes, there isn't anywhere else I don't enjoy. Brisbane, for some reason, I find quite tolerable. (Don't imagine that this makes Queensland shitehole-free, 'coz they have quite possibly the worst dump of the lot - the Gold Coast. Dreadful place.)

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:54 am

You drive or fly around?
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:01 am

Always drive, TP. (Or for Bass Strait, put the car on the Spirit.) Overseas travel and single-engine light aircraft aside, I haven't flown for 20 years or more. Don't miss it either. Flying these days, with the obsessive, obstructive security carp, the crowds, and the crazy-dense seating for people with no legs is basically horrible. I used to love flying back in the day. These days I drive.

Besides, it's very hard to say "Stop the aeroplane! I just saw an interesting bird and I want to get out to take the picture!"

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:24 am

Hehe, love me a road trip!

But I love to fly too!

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:42 pm

Tannin wrote:
Good on you Dave. Great to have some space, isn't it.

It sure is. Very Happy

Feel sorry for People who live in Apartments as there not really much room to move around

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:13 pm

^ Absolutely! Honestly, those of us on some acreage or even just in houses are doing it very easy. I'd hate to be in a multi-storey flat, that's for sure.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:40 pm

We're doing OK.
Nothing has changed for me personally, I'm a stay at home mum.
With no Sport & no School, less driving & less laundry, so my workload has eased off.
For the OH, still working classed as essential plus he does the Shopping on his way home.
The daughter 1st year at Uni, lectures online.
The son in Yr 5, Schooling online.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:30 pm

Tannin wrote:
^ Absolutely! Honestly, those of us on some acreage or even just in houses are doing it very easy. I'd hate to be in a multi-storey flat, that's for sure.

Yeah and would not be safe with Multiple People you don't know walking around Flats

bucksisgod Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:44 pm
Post subject: Re: How are you dealing with the Covid 19 lockdown?Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:

What's your situation?

How are you coping?

Any tips or tricks to share ?

I'm notionally working from home but particularly this week have had nothing to do, all meetings have been cancelled, but I still feel obligated to be on or near the computer to respond to emails or queries that don't come. I'm taking annual leave from tomorrow until 20th so I won't have to think about it, I can just get on and do some jobs around the house.

A definite positive is doing more exercise in the time I'd normally need for commuting and not needing to get up anywhere near so early.

Some people have put some reflections in other threads, feel free to post them again.

Sounds like you’re killing it mate, good to hear. Still working here but plenty spare time with footy canceled. Miss the boys and the post match beers and bullshit but training myself instead of them to fill time, in pretty good nick at present so that’s a positive
Laughing

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:52 pm

^

Great stuff mate, good to see ya here for a bit. Wouldn't say I'm killing it but I'm getting by. Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:25 am

Happy Easter Sunday guys, what’s everyone doing?

I’m sitting by the fire, watching the birds out the window, dogs curled up on the couch, and The Post is on Netflix! Will take the dogs for a walk on the beach if the weather allows and head on home after that.

Have a great day xx cheers

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:07 am

Cheers to all.

We are sitting around having a long, slow breakfast (which is what we do every day, actually).

Usually, we have toast and/or muesli accompanied by copious amounts of tea. Today, something different: some time yesterday I made the dough for Mangalore buns (aka banana pooris) and let it prove overnight. (Flour, oatmeal, banana, yoghurt, cummin, and a few other odds and ends.)

Popped them into the air fryer this morning, and we ate them hot with butter. Yum!

Now for more tea ..... Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 4 of 15   

Jump to: