Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Collingwood, the AFL and the Virus.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sicks Bux wrote:
Abdul The Bull wrote:
think positive wrote:

yup, i can still see me and my sister turn to each other with 5 min to go, second level, behind the bummers cheer squad, Matthews had just walked down the stairs pumping his arms, we looked at each other and said Oh my god we are going to win! we had been to 3 heartbreaking losses, and seen 2 on tv, i will never ever forget that moment, it was the best day of my life bar none, i will never ever forget how it felt, we stayed til the ground was empty and then went to vic park, got home at 3am. thats the day i want to relive, you never ever forget your first time!!!

I remember that exact moment. Having witnessed so many defeats and knowing how the Pies had a habit of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, I was yelling at Matthews "It's too soon! It's too soon! You'll curse us!" my heart was racing. I went to Vic Park that night as well. Walked home to Brunswick at about 3am. Best night of my life!!

So both of you would ignore social distancing guidelines to celebrate the premiership with the Pies faithful?

im not much of a risk taker these days, but yeah i probably would!! wearing a mask gloves etc!! hell id wear the whole nasa jumpsuit if i had too!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:20 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
think positive wrote:
Lazza wrote:
Sicks Bux wrote:
If Collingwood won the flag would you ignore the social distancing advice to get on the sauce with the hordes of celebrating Collingwood supporters?

If they do and I get to experience 3 flags in my lifetime so far, I would definitely celebrate with my magpie mates. I will never forget the sheer happiness experienced in 1990 and 2010. If I didn't, I would not give myself some more joyous memories to remember forever. It will be a risk but geez, my life has been full of all sorts of risks up to now so I'm a risk taker I suppose. Some of the risks I look back on were absolutely stupid and irresponsible behaviour but somehow I have managed to survive.
I think my utter exhilaration will overcome my reservations about celebrating with my loyal magpie mates with whom I have shared a lifetime of ups and downs following Collingwood. There will be no better experience for me.

yup, i can still see me and my sister turn to each other with 5 min to go, second level, behind the bummers cheer squad, Matthews had just walked down the stairs pumping his arms, we looked at each other and said Oh my god we are going to win! we had been to 3 heartbreaking losses, and seen 2 on tv, i will never ever forget that moment, it was the best day of my life bar none, i will never ever forget how it felt, we stayed til the ground was empty and then went to vic park, got home at 3am. thats the day i want to relive, you never ever forget your first time!!!

Nice sentiment, I remember feeling relief...
Like this weight was lifted from our shoulders.

oh yeah, i remember that too!!!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:25 pm

Abdul The Bull wrote:
think positive wrote:

I remember that exact moment. Having witnessed so many defeats and knowing how the Pies had a habit of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, I was yelling at Matthews "It's too soon! It's too soon! You'll curse us!" my heart was racing. I went to Vic Park that night as well. Walked home to Brunswick at about 3am. Best night of my life!!

hehe, yep same as against the Saints, i dont care how far in front we are. we have just lost too many by the shortest most cruel margin.

in 2018 i did the worst thing, when the ball was coming down the WC end, i went to the loo. i sat there, i heard the cheer and i knew. i just couldnt face it. i got up and went back to my distraught daughter for the last min. i still think we were robbed, and im still $Ł$%^%%$ shattered. we lost to a soft free kick... and then last year we didnt get the soft free.... dont tell me there is no conspiracy, it happens too $Ł$%^%%$ often.

thats why i no longer care what teams get left behind, except us and Carlton, the rest can **** right off! I dont want an advantage, just a fair go...

Sicks Bux Sagittarius

Hal 2003-2019

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 2:29 pm

think positive wrote:
Sicks Bux wrote:
Abdul The Bull wrote:
think positive wrote:

So both of you would ignore social distancing guidelines to celebrate the premiership with the Pies faithful?

im not much of a risk taker these days, but yeah i probably would!! wearing a mask gloves etc!! hell id wear the whole nasa jumpsuit if i had too!

Laughing

Yeah, it would an interesting situation to deal with. A lot of people will face a similar decision on New Years Eve.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:17 pm

Sicks Bux wrote:
think positive wrote:
Sicks Bux wrote:
Abdul The Bull wrote:
think positive wrote:

Laughing

Yeah, it would an interesting situation to deal with. A lot of people will face a similar decision on New Years Eve.

my 24 year old said "is that a real question??"!! thats my girl!

not a new years fan, just the Grand final please!!

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 6:12 am

90 nice wrote:
Im great mates with some of the ground staff and venue operations staff at the MCG and MCC they told me this week they have seen MCG last match of Aussie rules in 2020 both finals and grand final included.

No b2b for Richmond then

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:56 am

G&B Lawyers, which has offices in Sydney and Wollongong, wrote on Facebook that Victorians in the metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire areas should not wear masks — and if fined $200 they should fight the fines in court.

“Free legal advice to all Victorians,” the firm wrote on Facebook on Sunday afternoon.

“Don’t wear a mask. Get a $200 fine then elect to have it determined in Court. Every single one of you 6.359 million Victorians can challenge the fines in Court. The Victorian Government won’t fight you in Court. It is far too expensive for them to do so.”

Now hiring. A criminal lawyer based in Victoria. Must have experience in challenging fines in Courts. Expect 6 million or so fines against individuals for not wearing a mask. Apply to Nathan Buckley at nbuckley@gandblawyers.com.au
Must be available to start asap

Of course the dickhead has to have the name Nathan Buckley.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:27 pm

with cases popping up in nsw and they will transport that to queensland.
I wonder how long the hub in nsw and queensland will last
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:47 pm

AFL season will be 100% scrapped if theres any type and size of lockdown in brisbane and gold coast. AFL will completely scrap it and its a case of see you next year in 2021 see ya then
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:18 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
G&B Lawyers, which has offices in Sydney and Wollongong, wrote on Facebook that Victorians in the metropolitan Melbourne and Mitchell Shire areas should not wear masks — and if fined $200 they should fight the fines in court.

“Free legal advice to all Victorians,” the firm wrote on Facebook on Sunday afternoon.

“Don’t wear a mask. Get a $200 fine then elect to have it determined in Court. Every single one of you 6.359 million Victorians can challenge the fines in Court. The Victorian Government won’t fight you in Court. It is far too expensive for them to do so.”

Now hiring. A criminal lawyer based in Victoria. Must have experience in challenging fines in Courts. Expect 6 million or so fines against individuals for not wearing a mask. Apply to Nathan Buckley at nbuckley@gandblawyers.com.au
Must be available to start asap

Of course the dickhead has to have the name Nathan Buckley.

A NSW law firm touting for business in Victoria.
Ambulance chasers of the worst kind.

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:35 pm

I know a mate of mine relative of my cousin in just north of brisbane they have a few covid clusters there currently namely at aged care places and cases are starting to occur too in the general area.
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:50 pm

As in Collingwood winning the flag this year or next i agree with the experts that we need a couple of key forwards and it will be great if we had a suitable back up for Grundy too.
They also hinted at Collingwood trimming back their list cut off the "list cloggers" there are a handfull and replaced by raw young talent in the upcoming draft.
Also the players should be less injury prone too but thankfully now have sort of depth to cover this.
Look 2020 this year has been a too much covid interuped season and is too much of an unpredicatable mess anyway. but they do think we will finish in the top 4 again which will be great effort and thats 3 years on the trot too.
Experts if what i said Collingwood do address this then they should win the flag in 2021.
They also says Collingwood flag window between now and probably 3 more years need to win the next one with the likes of Pendlebury still playing in the team as he is not getting any younger.
All they need is a freshen up with some injection of raw young talent.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:13 pm

90 nice wrote:
I know a mate of mine relative of my cousin in just north of brisbane they have a few covid clusters there currently namely at aged care places and cases are starting to occur too in the general area.

Are you sure? There are only two active cases in Qld.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:29 pm

didick wrote:
90 nice wrote:

Are you sure? There are only two active cases in Qld.

im still trying to work out that relationship step! 6 degrees??

23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:07 pm

Yep it will be great to have another addition to the 16 flag club as it will make it a trio and everything in 3's.

When can this occur?

2020 please.

Also of all the october flags won Collingwood have won them all and this year is October too.

Nice to win.

1990-2010 = 20 year gap
2010-2020 = 10 year gap

well providing we win 2020 then we are halfing our flag gaps.

As we all agree though 2002,2003,2011 and 2018 we should have won 2 of these at least.

Pies would have 17 flags and out right lead too if it was 2.

Make sure the next gf appearance we win it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60  Next
Page 57 of 60   

Jump to: