Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mark Korda (13th President)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:40 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be fun to appoint Demetriou - why would we want a low-key, anonymous (and possibly even Collingwood-supporting) president who could focus on what needs to be our done for the Club when we could have a sideshow featuring a public figure in the "stocks"? He has just "vowed to defend his reputation":

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-12/andrew-demetriou-resigns-from-crown-resorts/13147330
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:31 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
I think it would be fun to appoint Demetriou - why would we want a low-key, anonymous (and possibly even Collingwood-supporting) president who could focus on what needs to be our done for the Club when we could have a sideshow featuring a public figure in the "stocks"? He has just "vowed to defend his reputation":

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-02-12/andrew-demetriou-resigns-from-crown-resorts/13147330

Defend it?
Wouldn't he want to change it?
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:30 am

No I doubt Demetriou or us would entertain the marriage but there will be someone out there with the right CV
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:51 am

On the other hand Demetriou could lead a merger with North Melbourne, and I have the perfect name for the new entity - "the Collingwood Magpies".
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 12:44 pm
Post subject: Re: Buy up bigReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
I would ditch the AFLW and Netball Teams and reinvest the money into a Collingwood Brewery. Members would be automatically given shares in this new venture and the Magpie Bitter would be on tap in all our venues, Social Club and Board Room. Legends and Club 5 members would receive complimentary Magpie Bitter at all home games. Other members pay half price. Our renewed focus would be on the Senior men’s side and winning a Premiership. Vote 1

You haven't answered the charge that your Missus would be a better president than you would be.

Posted in the public interest and promoting transparency etc etc etc

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:04 pm

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:
On the other hand Demetriou could lead a merger with North Melbourne, and I have the perfect name for the new entity - "the Collingwood Magpies".

They'd have the very same jumper North used to wear on the telly in the old days, too. Synergy.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:48 am

WhyPhilWhy? wrote:

And wear shorts with ‘North’ printed in tiny writing on their behind 😎

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:46 pm

Obama would be a good choice for our President. The first black President of Collingwood football club. The candidate of "hope", "yes we can". He would be the perfect president to prove that the colour of a leader's skin is utterly irrelevant as to what program he actually pursues. Under Obama, the US suffered the greatest acceleration of social inequality in American history. So if we appointed Obama, we could just proceed as before, with minimum disruption. Simply interchange Eddie with Obama. Nothing will change, except we would then be promoted as the most progressive football club in the world.
Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:10 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
Obama would be a good choice for our President. The first black President of Collingwood football club. The candidate of "hope", "yes we can". He would be the perfect president to prove that the colour of a leader's skin is utterly irrelevant as to what program he actually pursues. Under Obama, the US suffered the greatest acceleration of social inequality in American history. So if we appointed Obama, we could just proceed as before, with minimum disruption. Simply interchange Eddie with Obama. Nothing will change, except we would then be promoted as the most progressive football club in the world.

Hope your ready for the rise of the "Make Coillingwood Great Again" maggots. I'm about 80% certain there would even be a birther or two on this board too just to make up the full deck.

Pi Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 7:37 am

how about sir les Patterson, bring some class back to the club Laughing

Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 10:10 am

As long as the appointment is a competent and intelligent person with clear goals for success and has strategy and tactics to deliver them then I couldn't give a @$%& who it is.

I only ask that they are not a journalist or media heavy type, someone that will work diligently behind the scenes, pop up from time to time with an interview but largely remain low profile. Someone who doesn't draw negative press basically.

MONCO: Your life.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:53 am

Pi wrote:
how about sir les Patterson, bring some class back to the club Laughing

Hasn’t the name Les already caused enough problems in house?

Could lead to interesting press conferences though, such as this one:

https://youtu.be/Dl4ie3TaPGg
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:32 pm

^^^^
Very funny interview.
Wouldn't happen in this day and time.
The PC crowd would have a field day.
slangman 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:39 pm

Gerry Cooper wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

Hope your ready for the rise of the "Make Coillingwood Great Again" maggots. I'm about 80% certain there would even be a birther or two on this board too just to make up the full deck.

I’m sure the cap would also suit you.

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:53 pm

Haven't been following this.. do we have a shortlist of genuine contenders?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 8 of 20   

Jump to: