Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

2010 premiership (maybe too late)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep i feel next year is more our year 2022 we will be well placed and back in the flag frame again. This year 2021 is a whole new reset and re start.
I confident in 2022 and 2023 and maybe the following few years too if we are smart.
Ronnie McKeowns boots 

Ronnie Mckeowns boots

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:26 pm

Jack Spain Lives!

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:34 pm

Good question. I actually think Mick Malthouse's best years were 2006-2007 where he took a bottom four side and coached it back into the finals. The 2000 side which was wooden spoon under Tony Shaw had nothing to lose under the new coach and could only go up with two of the first five picks in the national draft. The 2004-2005 side was at the cross roads. It could have kept drifting down. We were within a kick of the 2007 GF which in probability we would have won against Port Adelaide. Remarkable achievement.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:37 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
Good question. I actually think Mick Malthouse's best years were 2006-2007 where he took a bottom four side and coached it back into the finals. The 2000 side which was wooden spoon under Tony Shaw had nothing to lose under the new coach and could only go up with two of the first five picks in the national draft. The 2004-2005 side was at the cross roads. It could have kept drifting down. We were within a kick of the 2007 GF which in probability we would have won against Port Adelaide. Remarkable achievement.

Us.
Grand finals.
Probable that we will win?
Have we been supporting the same team for all of these years?
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:42 pm

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:

Good shout on 2006-2007.

I still find it hard to go past 2002-2003. We weren't a GF quality team, yet we did well enough to make it on back-to-back occasions. A real shame we couldn't pinch the 2002 flag.

2004-2005 teams were plagued by a heavy injury lists. Our 2006 team isn't all that different to the 2003 team.

2007 had the perfect blend of youth (e.g. Pendles, Thomas, Swan, Cloke) and experience (e.g. Buckley, Burns, Rocca, Clement).

MagpieWhisperer35 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:46 pm

90 nice wrote:
I just hope our next flag isnt much more of a wait i want one by 2024.

Me too, unfortunately we need to play in 10 to win one. During most of the losses it is mandatory that the Pies lose at least half of those GF's by less than a kick with a minute to go due to some stroke of bad luck, just to keep the rest of the competitions supporters happy, cos if their team cannot win it the AFL knows all will be happy in that scenario.

So we can only hope. 2018 was the one I am afraid we should not have dropped that after being 5 goals up blimey.

alexjvillani Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:23 pm

2007 was the big one that we should've taken. The only team that truly took it to Geelong when it mattered. Only 5 points in the end, a goal would of seen us beat Port.

2011 was just a waste of a year. 22/24 wins and only lost to Geelong, injuries hurt us too hard in the end.

2018 was more unexpected but it felt like 2007, we weren't supposed to but when we had the chance we blew it.

Mick did well to bring the club to where it was but his refusal to bring in a decent ruck killed us. Then the one year he invests in Jolly, we win the Granny.

Alex 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:02 pm

^

If we beat GWS in the 2019 Prelim... are we a chance against Richmond? If not, if Hawkins doesnt get suspended do they beat Richmond in their prelim? Would we have beaten Geelong?

Gerry Cooper 

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:26 pm

Ronnie McKeowns boots wrote:
Jack Spain Lives!

Probably gone back to Hawthorn from whence he came I suspect...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: