Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Preseason game over - Pies down to Tigers

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a meaningless scratch match. The result is Absolutely meaningless. Only hopeful dreamers read anything into Collingwood getting close to the premier. The Brown brothers, Magden, Cameron, Hoskin-Elliott, Elliot, Thomas are sub standard vanilla footballers
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:24 pm

Apologies to MTTM. Queen are one of the greatest bands of all time, if they arent actually #1. And Freddy was one of the greatest entertainers of all time. Had he practiced safe sex, he would still be with us today. We know things were a bit different in the 80's and we didnt know as much as we do now when it comes to HIV.

Its an absolute tragedy that he died so young, especially when you think of all the lost music we could have heard from him. And you can bet that he still had loads of music left in him.

HIV is something that I wish did not exist, along with many other illnesses. And there was no intent at making fun of that disease if that's what anyone thought. For what it's worth I absolutely idolise Magic Johnson.

I thought it was a harmless, or even humorous comment. I guess I was wrong. And I'm sorry that it bothered you.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:24 pm

Tonight's performance seemed to illustrate the highs and lows of the team that we witnessed from last year. Didn't see anything distinctively different in the game plan so I'm expecting more of the same this year under Buckley.

Only thing that seemed a little different was our eagerness to move the ball quickly rather than slow the play down as we have done in 2019 and 2020.

I feel a little better we scored more goals in the second half, after only scoring three in the first half. Still don't trust either Cox or Cameron to be consistent, but when they're up and about it certainly makes us a more dangerous team going forward. De Goey is still the backbone of whether our forward line functions well or not.

Defence remains competent and reliable, which is something that will always keep us in games even if we're struggling to score.

Still think we're a 9-12 team, as we barely made the eight last year and we have a weaker squad after our fire sale exits in the off season. Further we replaced those players with young kids who will need time to integrate and develop.

Still a lot of players with big question marks about whether they're in the best 22, including:
- Callum and Tyler Brown
- Jack Madgen
- Will Hoskin-Elliott
- Josh Thomas

All were not up to AFL standard.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:27 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Apologies to MTTM. Queen are one of the greatest bands of all time, if they arent actually #1. And Freddy was one of the greatest entertainers of all time. Had he practiced safe sex, he would still be with us today. We know things were a bit different in the 80's and we didnt know as much as we do now when it comes to HIV.

Its an absolute tragedy that he died so young, especially when you think of all the lost music we could have heard from him. And you can bet that he still had loads of music left in him.

HIV is something that I wish did not exist, along with many other illnesses. And there was no intent at making fun of that disease if that's what anyone thought. For what it's worth I absolutely idolise Magic Johnson.

I thought it was a harmless, or even humorous comment. I guess I was wrong. And I'm sorry that it bothered you.

Cool. Thx Presti.

Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:28 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
piedys wrote:
Reality check in last seven days:

Lost a close one to 2020 runner up; who absolutely embarrassed us in the SF

Lost a close one to 2020 premier; who fielded a full team minus Prestia and sniping Coward Princess Lynch

If we can clean up the disposal standard, and maintain effort over four quarters, we might still command a place in the final eight this year....

Hi Piedys. I like your optimism. I just think however that the first half really showed where we are in comparison to the elite benchmark. I hope you are right.

This. Cue in the rack from the tiggies, only then did we get back into it. I didn’t see much that shows me we’ll be a better side. 9-12 for me.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:32 pm

We were written off in the 2018 pre-season. We were written off after round one and again in round 2 that year. But can that happen twice? And so close together?
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:37 pm

Cruisinwithdids wrote:
That was a meaningless scratch match. The result is Absolutely meaningless. Only hopeful dreamers read anything into Collingwood getting close to the premier. The Brown brothers, Magden, Cameron, Hoskin-Elliott, Elliot, Thomas are sub standard vanilla footballers

Jamie Elliott a sub standard vanilla footballer??? Yeah, nah.

Only player who competed against and beat Grimes inside F50 despite his sub six foot size.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:37 pm

Jezza wrote:
Tonight's performance seemed to illustrate the highs and lows of the team that we witnessed from last year. Didn't see anything distinctively different in the game plan so I'm expecting more of the same this year under Buckley.

Only thing that seemed a little different was our eagerness to move the ball quickly rather than slow the play down as we have done in 2019 and 2020.

I feel a little better we scored more goals in the second half, after only scoring three in the first half. Still don't trust either Cox or Cameron to be consistent, but when they're up and about it certainly makes us a more dangerous team going forward. De Goey is still the backbone of whether our forward line functions well or not.

Defence remains competent and reliable, which is something that will always keep us in games even if we're struggling to score.

Still think we're a 9-12 team, as we barely made the eight last year and we have a weaker squad after our fire sale exits in the off season. Further we replaced those players with young kids who will need time to integrate and develop.

Still a lot of players with big question marks about whether they're in the best 22, including:
- Callum and Tyler Brown
- Jack Madgen
- Will Hoskin-Elliott
- Josh Thomas

All were not up to AFL standard.

Agree Jezza: I am extremely disappointed with WHE.
Callum Brown: unfortunately for a while I have not thought he was going to make it. Nothing I saw tonight changed that opinion.
Tyler Brown: I have not yet decided about him. Was not great tonight, but I think he deserves another season before I form an opinion.
Jack Magden: I think he is depth in defence. You can't expect miracles from him.
JT: I thought he was actually good in the first quarter. But lacks skills, and is only there for depth I think.
The problem is,since we got rid of JS, and Atu, who is challenging for JT's position?

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:40 pm

Presti35 wrote:
We were written off in the 2018 pre-season. We were written off after round one and again in round 2 that year. But can that happen twice? And so close together?

We were also written off about 10 minutes into the first quarter against Carlton in round 3.

Stranger things have happened, but I don't see where this team jumps out of the blocks and becomes a serious premiership contender.

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:46 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Cruisinwithdids wrote:

Only player who competed against and beat Grimes inside F50 despite his sub six foot size.

I agree with that.The others he mentioned maybe,but certainly not Jaimie Elliott.
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:47 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Cruisinwithdids wrote:

Well that’s great. He competed in a scratch match. Let’s see Jamie Elliott string 3 quality AFL games together in 2021. I know he has the talent, but has gone past the point of reason using it. Should have been traded to Melbourne 2 years ago.
orie Cancer

A MADPIE FOR LIFE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:49 pm
Post subject: herald sunReply with quote

Presti35 wrote:
This just in from the Herald Sun;

"Heroes Dusty and Jacky stand up to Collingwoods Mason Cox racial slur on Chol."

Please be joking!!!

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:50 pm

Cruisinwithdids wrote:

Well that’s great. He competed in a scratch match. Let’s see Jamie Elliott string 3 quality AFL games together in 2021. I know he has the talent, but has gone past the point of reason using it. Should have been traded to Melbourne 2 years ago.

What does "gone past the point of reason using it" mean?

Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:01 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Cruisinwithdids wrote:

What does "gone past the point of reason using it" mean?

Elliott has had enough chances to realise his talent, and is an unreliable bit part AFL footballer. He will add little to Collingwood’s 2021 campaign.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:09 pm

^ I actually dont think he has had enough chances to prove his ability to use it. Last year, was played out of position as a midfielder. As a small forward, no one last year could have genuinely thrived with the quality of our ball movement and delivery. I thought he was definitely of AFL standard tonight. We just did not have the ball movement or the skills to harness his potential qualities.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 17 of 21   

Jump to: