Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Boston Celtics coach suspended for a year after relationship

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:11 pm
Post subject: Boston Celtics coach suspended for a year after relationshipReply with quote

Wow.

Celtics coach Ime Udoka had been suspended by his own team for an entire season.

Quote:
Ime Udoka, who guided the Boston Celtics to last season’s NBA Finals, has been suspended for the entire 2022-23 season for team conduct violations.

The 45-year-old Nigerian-American had a consensual relationship with a female member of the Celtics staff that broke the organization’s guidelines and code of conduct, ESPN and The Athletic reported, citing unnamed sources.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/basketball/nba/nba-2022-boston-celtics-coach-ime-udoka-banned-innapropriate-relationship-with-staff-member-news-updates/news-story/0405ccc045ff6be9edf01214c804a945

He was one of the big stories last year, taking his team to the finals in his first season.

Brad Stevens was a winner of the coach of the year award before taking a higher job in the Celtics head office. I wonder if he'll take over for the year?

The C's have a team that can go all the way, but now they have this.

I'm amazed that someone has been stood down for a year for having a consensual relationship, is there more to it??

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

No more to it. They take this stuff seriously over there.

Effectively what Dimma did at Richmond.

Jezza Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:13 pm

Total madness from the Celtics.

I was thinking of Hardwick as well which I read this story.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:21 pm

And if you can believe it, will coach the Brooklyn Nets after the Nets sacked Steve Nash last week. Less than a week after Kyrie Irving had an antisemitism controversy.

And only a few days after Josh Primo was let go of by the Spurs which had everyone scratching their heads, only for it to come out a few days later that he'd been trying to show his snag to a few Spurs employees.

Spurs did the right thing. Nets can absolutely fk off. Apart from Mills, who I hope is asking for a trade.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: