Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies sink Saints. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:02 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:

I don’t get the angst. We just beat the top side with 6 of our best 22 not playing

Reckon the angst probably stems from the fact that had they kicked straighter than 3.6 in the last quarter, we would not have beaten a team that has 10+? of its best 22 players out, and who hadn’t played a 2022 top 4 side before this game

I remember when bad kicking was simply bad footy ( in fact it still is ) but now everyone seems to use it as an excuse why a particular team didn’t win on the day.
I can’t make people be happy with the win but as long as supporters continue to believe the players have fallen short everytime they don’t dominate a game from start to finish, then they are going to find very little joy in any win we have over the season.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 12:08 am

I’ll just ignore the last paragraph

Pies2016 wrote:

I remember when bad kicking was simply bad footy ( in fact it still is ) but now everyone seems to use it as an excuse why a particular team didn’t win on the day..

I remember when people looked at the oppo’s outs and who they’d played to be top of the ladder before pumping up a narrow win

This thread is as much about analyzing what went wrong and what we need to improve as it is celebrating what went right

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 1:31 am

Rd10.1998_11.1#36 wrote:
I’ll just ignore the last paragraph

Pies2016 wrote:

I remember when bad kicking was simply bad footy ( in fact it still is ) but now everyone seems to use it as an excuse why a particular team didn’t win on the day..

I remember when people looked at the oppo’s outs and who they’d played to be top of the ladder before pumping up a narrow win

This thread is as much about analyzing what went wrong and what we need to improve as it is celebrating what went right

Why ignore the last paragraph. We’re part of an equalised competition, you simply aren’t meant to dominate for four quarters. People need to wrap their head around that minor detail.

And then you should look at StKilda injury update this week and tell me anywhere near the 10 players they had out of their best 22 ( I count five, maybe six at a stretch ) DeGoey alone, is the equal of three of them.
And what’s the relevance of where teams were positioned in 2022 in all this. Do the Swans and Cats look like the two best teams in 2023 right now ?
The Saints were undefeated in 2023 and had knocked off Essendon who just belted the Demons.
I’ve already posted elsewhere that my view as to why they got hold of us in the last 5 - 10 mins is because they went all out attack, only because they had to and it paid off. But even more importantly because Murphy went down after being brilliant all day. So I’ve thought about it and despite a bad 10 mins, I’ve still decided it was a bloody good win ( also with McStay off ) Yes we were badly outplayed for the last 10 mins of the quarter but thankfully we marginally outplayed them for the first 90 mins.
Rd10.1998_11.1#36 

rd10.1998_11.1#36

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:19 am

Pies2016 wrote:

Yes we were badly outplayed for the last 10 mins of the quarter.

Which is what I said

Sorry I didn’t preface it with enough superlatives or excuses for you

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:22 pm

Least we did beat the Saints, Caaarlton sure as hell didn't. LOL, just had a peek at Bigfooty , fans of Bluescum in meltdown, again. Many of em reckon Voss is a shit coach, and always has been a dud coach. ha ha, looks like we dodged a bullet not appointing him, and going for the Fly. How sweet is is, always a great weekend when the Bluebellies lose.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7   

Jump to: