Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Dees. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big T 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to see the reaction if de goey was in hunters position with the elbow to hoskin Elliot
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:28 pm

Collingwood faced a “perfect storm” a Melbourne Storm as it were.

Serious players out: JDG, Sidebottom and Billy Elliott which affected our inside and especially our outside running / spread.
Players with injuries or coming off colds and flu like symptoms including Cox, Josh Daicos, McCreery and WHE while Johnson played crook.
Darcy Cameron still not QR post his knee injury.

Melbourne were smarting after 2 magnificent wins by Collingwood against the Fuschias last year and this year they won by ……..4 points. Bad kicking is bad football but with that and while they controlled a fair bit of the game they were holding on too.

When losing is no fun we can learn a lot from that match.

A timely bye with players resting up and being switched on for the second half of the season. We need players to put their hand up for a midfield role & I wonder if Trey Ruscoe who basically hasn’t put a foot wrong this year should be in the mix (in the backline) to free up Crisp for some more on ball time.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 6:55 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
Interesting to note, Checkers kicked 4 against them last year but May didn’t play. It’s going to be a challenge finding the right formula, albeit it all starts in the middle anyway.
Krueger is a bit of a wild card in all this. He kicked five straight and then missed two more in the last quarter but more importantly, he did it against good VFL opposition ( as opposed to the VFL cellar dwellers ) If Freddy can get through one more VFL game with another haul, that might be enough to give him another chance in the seniors and with a bit of form behind him.

^ THIS, I watched the VFL match, we gave the Deees, a good side, a five goal start and won, that has to be a good sign for our future. Yes, Krueger was terrific, he tore them apart, big lad, I reckon if he can stay on the park, no more damn injuries, he could be our big hope at CHF this season, especially in the Finals, he has real X factor, can take a big grab. Id love to see him CHF, and Checkers at FF, with Jamie, Bobby, Jack, Ash, buzzing around them, thats apretty decent forward line, to take on the Deeees next time, very different to this last match. Bianco also did well too. Bring Freddy in ASAP, maybe even against the Crows, thats my take. Idea

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:09 pm

Big T wrote:
I would love to see the reaction if de goey was in hunters position with the elbow to hoskin Elliot

I have replayed the Hunter hit on WHE several times, and feel that to have caused WHE to collapse like that, Hunter must have shouldered WHE high at one instant. I can't seem to see the visual proof in the shots that i viewed, however there seems no other explanation as to how Hunter extricated himself from WHE's arms and causing him to catastrophically collapse to the ground. Should have been scrutinised for that.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 9:13 pm

watt price tully wrote:
...while Johnson played crook.

Source?

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:31 pm

I'm not worried. These guys will be flagpies at the end of the season.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13   

Jump to: