Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

20 minutes is not enuff

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2000 7:49 am
Post subject: 20 minutes is not enuffReply with quote

I ventured to Colonial for the first time last night and I must say I was impressed with the venue.......unfortunately I cannot say the same about the Pies. We very nearly got out of jail at the end, but even against Freo you cant get away with playing only 20 minutes of decent footy.

What is Sav doing? He continues to play dumb footy. I am a big wrap for the guy, but he consistently fails to lead properly and when he gets in position to mark, he grasses it. I am starting to wonder if he suits our style of play under Mick. Even if he hadn't got injured last night he still should have been dragged. We instantly played better without him on the ground.

Bucks, Leon Davis (great goal, given a behind), Freeborn and Pebbles got us back into the contest and the other player who I thought had his best game for the club so far was Ukovic. He had a few clangers but got plenty of it, how the Herald Sun left him out of the best players beats me.

------------------
Damien

ytry4 

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2000 10:58 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Very disappointed by the team's performance... I was there and it was not worth it! We just did not play the way we did for the first 7 games of the season. It was a performance similar to the ones we had last year - poor disposal, not manning up, not working as a TEAM!

Freo had a lot of numbers at the ball, but we did not apply any real tackles. They easily got around us, and even though they made a lot of mistakes in one of the plays, they were able to score a goal... Malthouse said that the players were not mentally prepared and therefore skill levels were down. But A.Rocca was great at using his body and kicking for goal.

I don't quite agree with your thoghts on Sav's game. He kept us in the game at the start where he kicked 2 goals off pretty good leads. We would have been 5 goals down instead of 3 after 1/4 time. But he does need to improve, in the sense that he needs to be consistent...

Ukovic was not in the best players in the Hearld Sun because he didn't deserve to be. He made some very bad mistakes, along with Adkins as well (everytime they took a mark, they played on immediately and put themselves under pressure and therefore had poor disposals). But I hope Chipper is alright. He looked almost dead lying on the ground.

As for the umpires... geez! They didn't what was going on! I don't want to talk about them. Sam Newman has said enough on the subject!

[This message has been edited by ytry4 (edited 02 May 2000).]

mcsean 

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2000 2:01 pm

who in the AFL is priming these umpires for the big league. I agree that Sam said enough. The Neon Leon kick was definitely a six-pointer. There were several bad decisions all over the ground. "no consistency". We need to see some improvement. Despite the umpiring, though, we did not deserve a win and can only blame the players.

Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2000 6:10 am

On Sav. Just a few random thoughts on the Freeo game.

I remember one piece of play. Pebbles led to the Docklands side wing/flank and took a contested mark against two opposing players, he QUICKLY took his kick and made a perfect pass in front of a leading Sav. Sav took a contested mark. Lined up for a goal from about 40m on a 45 degree angle, and kicked a point (by memory). It was a beautiful piece of play. Later on in the quarter Sav went for another such mark on a similiar lead and missed the ball completely, I think he tried to knock it back towards goal though.

In the third quarter he (and Pebbles) were bumping into every Freeo player they could, just to keep having an impact on the game, when the ball was not coming down all that much.

Sav has been trying that wheel around kick for goal all season. He was due to get one and did at the end of the second quarter. I thought it was inspirational stuff.

I can remember him taking marks in two similiar positions (about 40m out on a more than 45 degree angle). One he had a shot and got a point, another he passed and Freeo ran it out of defense. Shoot Sav Shoot!

Play Sav Play.

The trainers were definitely massaging his lower back in the fourth quarter. Will he be able to play next week? Was he in the injured list?
AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2000 9:52 am

Ha Ha Ha

Good one, Greg.

"Shoot Sav Shoot"

Did you mean "Shoot, Sav, Shoot" or "Shoot Sav. Shoot." ??????????????????????

------------------
**floreat pica**

nikki 

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2000 10:38 am

sav is a good player we need to give him a break... he was playing well in ruck dont know why he was taken off he was rucking well then went down marked and gaoled god he's a legend!!!!
then cant remember the 2nd or 3rd quarter wizzed around and goal inspirational stuff!! the roar was amazing i thought that was going to fire the team up but no such luck!!!
I wish people would just give sav a break he is a great player and deserves some credit!!!

he needs confidence though he can kick the goals he tries to pass it off and do the right thing but the playre drops thre mark and it makes it look as though it was savs fault!!!!

Sav is a legend and he'll be back just wait and see...

oh i was also impressed with colonail it was a great stadium no mcg but what is!!! i really like dit dont know what allt he fuss is about besides where ever collingwood are i dont care what the stadium is like, i'll go anywhere to see the mighty pies!!!!!!

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2000 11:51 am

The reality is though that Sav hasn't had a real good season for about 3 years. He is too bulky, and after seeing him is some older games he is a little smaller and alot more agile. He needs a fitness regime to get back into it.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2000 11:53 am

It'd probably kill him though, I think he needs to be about 5 kgs lighter.

------------------
CARN THE PIES!!!!!
Collingwood is all about togetherness. "We live or die as a side," Buckley said. "Everything we do now is as a team."

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 03 May 2000).]
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2000 12:48 pm

Bluto has an article he wrote on Sav on www.fromtheouter.com seems he is going through the same frustration as the rest of us Pies supporters.

[This message has been edited by Joel (edited 03 May 2000).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: