Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coll vs Carl venue decision

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neil Appleby 

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2000 5:39 pm
Post subject: Coll vs Carl venue decisionReply with quote

Well the AFL have really lost it now.
I just heard that the AFL has announced that the Coll vs Carl game will NOT be moved from Princes Park.
Well, the only way to show them is by way of the only thing they really understand...MONEY.
Don't go.
I will never go to that ground again; now I'd already decided that anyway, but now I certainly am firmed in my resolve.
The AFL intransigence and utter contempt for ordinary supporters is plain for all to see as is John Elliot's greed and grandstanding.
They can both share the humiliation of a half empty stadium as we vote with our feet.
They would never do it again and considering the dreadful PR the AFL has already suffered this year it's really staggering that this decision is allowed to proceed.
Who misses out....COllingwood supporters that's who...the greatest cash cow the AFL has ever known.
We really need to make a very clear statement on this one.
We will not be treated this shabbily....we just won't go there.
I'd get in using my AFL membership but just won't go on principle.
I hope enough of you feel likewise.
I see an enormous PR disaster looming for the AFL on this one.

AlfAndrews 

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2000 8:12 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

AFL deserves to go broke.

Football has gone to hell.

PieGirl39 

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2000 7:25 am

I read somewhere (don't ask me; can't remember where) a while ago that Eddie is looking into having the game shown at the Sunshine or City Cinemas or maybe organising a day at Victoria Park for all of us to watch the game (without Carlton getting any of our money!!)

How strange would it be to watch the game live at the cinema?? It'd certainly be an experience.
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2000 10:01 am

Everyone involved in the draw formulation and sign off should be sacked (and maybe even sued). It was either gross incompetence or bias that resulted in this game being originally scheduled at Princes Park.

Whatever happened to taking responsibilty.

Geez wouldn't it be nice if the whole stadium was taken out by an act of god (or burns down from one of boofhead Elliots cigarettes).
2 PIES IN CAIRNS Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2000 10:19 am

we will both boycott the game!
Neil Appleby 

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2000 1:24 am

Attention Two Pies: Whilst I hope you boycott the game in spirit, I nevertheless hope that your video recorder doesn't!
I'm sure Joel would think likewise.
I've been thinking on this one;the AFL only acted on Colonial complaints after it was patently obvious that punters were voting with their feet and just boycotting the place. Channel 7, who owns half the joint were VERY quiet; it was sickening to hear Dermott and even Tony Shaw's mamby pamby comments....obviously management had got to them! But money talks....and Seven was horrified that pictures of an empty stadium were being beamed across the footy world.
I think the AFL and Carlton would be similarly worried about that too.
We already know they'll never try this on again because it's obviously so bloody stupid.
The draw by the way was drawn-up by none other than Ian Collins, now departed to guess where ...Colonial.
As EJ would say...let's stick it up em.....I'll be going to Jock Park that day so I hope Eddie organises a BIG party for the occassion.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2000 4:11 am

Hey Neil why was my name mentioned in your post?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: