Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Most nerve racking game for ages!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DIPPER 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 5:49 pm
Post subject: Most nerve racking game for ages!Reply with quote

The gooners have got Bolton tonight & it's scary stuff.despite looking red hot favourites for the title a draw tonight would mean that when we play Man U if they beat us then they move ahead of us on goal difference & it would be very unlikely that we would win the championship.

Tonight's game is away so it won't be easy I think we have to win as the Man U game is just after the cup final & I reckon our blokes will be knackered after that & if we lose it then it'll be real hard for them to raise themeselves for the Man U game.

My feeling is that we'll either do the double or win nothing.If we win tonoght then we know the title is virtually in the bag & we;;l turn on the style against Chelsea, a draw or loss tonight & we'll be edgy against Chelsea it'll be a tough energy sapping game that we might lose & then Man U might be a game too far.

It's hell but I wouldn't have it any other way I just don't think i could handle any more second places we've had 5 of those in the last 3 seasons.

I do not & have never loved Liverpool FC
DIPPER 

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2002 4:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Mate I was pretty grateful to the yids at the time but then the realisation hit me that Man U were the main threat & I kinda just forgot that Liverpool were ever in the fight.

Anyway we beat Bolton last night 2-0 so it's full steam ahead for the double only a collapse of gigantic proportions can stop us winning the championship & as I said I reckon we'll win them both now.

Good to see you're big enough to almsot say that we've deserved it-lol.There's a few records floating about like we've scored in every league game this season, we're unbeaten away in the league we've won 11 games on the spin & 7 consecutively away from home.I'm extremely proud of the whole lot of them, it's the best Arsenal side in my lifetime & the icing on the cake now would be to win the title at Old Trafford I would love to see Ferguson's face if we do, it would live with me forever.

Anyway WKB your lot are fighting it out to finish above West Ham as London's 3rd best team-come on you irons-lol.You're being linked with some Yugoslavian midfielder from red Star Belgrade & there's a lot of talk of Kevin Philips virtually already having been signed.But I reckon it's gonna be another average season for the yiddos next year whilst Arsenal put all our efforts into the Champion's league.

DIPPER 

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 1:55 pm

Champions!Champions!Champions!

Woohoo as Homer would say.

Bloody lovely as I would (& did) say.To beat that lot on their own patch was something else absolutely fantastic especially after they tried to wind us up with the rough stuff but this team has learnt to ignore that stuff now(except for Keown lol)

Anyway mate in reply to your last observation NO NO NO NO we will go close in Europe next season I'm convinced of it-this team is ready & if Bayer can get to the final after the way we destroyed them at Highbury then we should know that we're good enough.

Look at the champions of Spain, Italy & Germany-Valencia,Juve & Dortmund-we're better than any of that lot.

As for the Yiddos I think they should adopt West Ham as their main rivals next year i know the east enders are up for it & it just doesn't seem fair us kicking sand in your face all the time it makes us look like bullies.

Just a final accolade to a man who has made a great impact on our club this year & has tasted real success for the first time in his career-yes arise sir Sol.(Whom a mate of mine told me yesterday that he heard a rumour saying that he was Lennox Lewis' boyfriend???!!!! the mind boggles lol)

I just hope that our froggie contingent get knocked out of the world cup early so they can have a bit of a break this summer(I'm not confidnet though)

DIPPER 

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2002 3:44 pm

No problem it's a very passionate rivalry between our two clubs you're bound to blow your top now & again-lol.

We are mates so you know I wouldn't want to intentionally give you the shits I thought the Sol Campbell wounds might have healed by now but I can see they're still very raw-if I come out with any more stuff about him then just mention Nayim from the half way line for Real Zaragoza in the 1995 Cup Winner's Cup final or even Popescu scoring a penalty against us in the 2000 UEFA Cup final-the memeory of those two former Yiddos beating us in finals & the way all the yiddo supporters rejoiced still makes the veins pop out on my head even now.

As for your comments regarding Australia letting you down every 4 years i dunno what your following England for cos I can assure you it's more of the same.

As for our squad & chances, well I can't imagine us winning it without a miracle of some sort.The squad's ok but it's a bit light in midfielder with too many defenders on board.Gerrard's out & Dyer is doubtful so that makes the midfield even weaker.That group of death we're in means that it's more than possible we wont even qualify for the knock out phases & even if we get second place we'll have France next up who I really can't see us beating.But you never know they may surprise us all, the worst thing over here is that all the games are on at 7AM or 10.30AM which isn't the best time to watch a game of footie.

Anyway don't bag out Campbell too much or he might set his boyfriend Lennox onto you-lol.

DIPPER 

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 1:11 pm

Mate that's a bit below the belt lol.I'll never get over that goal or Popescu toa lesser degree in the penalty shoot out versus Galatasaray in the 2000 UEFA final.

As for England we've got a few good players but we've probably got the youngest side in teh comp so it's a bit of a building process for the future.We may surprise people but Gerrard out is a big one.

Mate your a true supporter going through all that to watch the games, driving out at 3AM isn't too bad but getting up at 4.55 that's beyond the call of duty.Usually over here everyone gets pissed for England games & when we lose cities all over England get smashed to peices so it'll be interesting to see if people are up for civil disorder at 9 o'clock in the morning

Anway here's hoping we smash the Argies that's the only one that matters for me they're our sworn enemies it's like you probably feel about Carlton but for us it's a whole nation!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: