Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Blackburn Rovers

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doska^32 

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 6:24 pm
Post subject: Blackburn RoversReply with quote

I am a Blackburn Rovers fan through and through. The squad we have at the present time is strong enough for atleast a finish in the top eight.
The only problem is we can't get our strongest side on the park, we always have injuries. Damien Duff, Andy Cole, Henning Berg, Matt Jansen, Dwight Yorke, David Dunn, Johansen, Craig Short have all sustained injuries this season and have all missed games because of it.
I am pretty sure Brad Friedal is in the Top 3 goal keepers in the premiership if not the number one goal keeper. If you all saw the Aresnal vs Blackburn game you would have seen why he is a great goal keeper and his performance for the USA in the World Cup was outstanding. What a sweet victory that was for the Rovers to come away from highbury with three points, people can say what they want about that match but even Dudek from Liverpool will have to be on song when Liverpool travel to Highbury you simply need your goal keeper to make crucial saves to win there.
Things looked good for the Rovers we travelled to Celtic for the second round of the UEFA CUP and ended up dominating the game from start to finish but football is a cruel game and they got us with a sucker punch goal, but I think where capable of turning the tie around at Ewood Park. That ended in us producing a poor performance against Aston Villa at home on Sunday, the game ended in a stalemate draw, Graham Souness our coach blamed the UEFA CUP game for the flat performance. But I am guttered at the fact that, had we won that match it would have moved us to fourth spot on the table. Right now where currently in 7th spot so where doing alright. We have Southampton at St Marys on Saturday we have a few injury problems especially in the backline with Berg and Johansen set to miss. I am worried about this game due to the fact that Southampton have looked good recently and James Beattie is on song. I'm hoping we come away from there with atleast a point a win would be a bonus, the week after I will expect a win at home against Everton, the Rooney Tunes will not be happening at Ewood Park I can assure you of that. Your thoughts on the Rovers this season?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: