Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Australia defeats England

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 2:44 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

nice post Dipper, and you can say shit here, as long as it's in context! (and it doesn't turn into a WKB swearathon!!!!)Thing about sport I suppose is the difference between being 95% switched on to 100% switched on. One team was on 95%, the other 100%.

Wouldn't take much notice of the drop in 'gloaters' either, when the tables are turned, they won't be around to take what they dish out! (Some people, when given a taste of their own crap find it tastes rather foreign, which I always find rather strange) The 'we beat you at everything' folk will disappear first loss, always do.

As for Rugby WC, I'd rank England as pretty close to outright favourites, and if I were a betting man, I'd be plonking my hard earned on them. They have been most impressive over the last 18 months, for your sake, I hope you don't peak to early (and Wilkinson stays healthy!!)

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 12:58 pm

Thought this might make interesting viewing. Got a laugh out of it this morning!

I get your point WKB, I reckon every country has its fair share of ignorant opinionated fairweather fools.

Wearmouth 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 2:05 pm

I'll gladly admit to being a EPLS drop in gloater. What can I say, I have just joined from FTO, guilty as charged. However, I will be around to take as good as I give. Make no mistake about that.

Lets face it that is about as good as England will get. Do we forget four months ago them struggling to earn a draw against the lowly and unfanciable Macedonia or even that extraordinary 2:2 draw against the self destructive Greeks prior to the world cup. At best England sit just inside the top ten teams in the world (Brazil, France, Italy, Argentina, Spain, Holland, Croatia Sweden,)

Even in a friendly players are still playing for their spots. Given how bad England are every spot should be up for grabs. The problem with England is that their team is made up of not so bad club players but ordinary internationals. Lets face it players like the Neville brothers, Scholes, Judas, Campbell, that twat from Chelsea oh yeah Lampard, Gerrard, Beattie, Gaol a game James there just seems to be too many to mention. They are pretty ordinary coming from arguably the best competition in the world.

The boy beckham can hold his head up. This boy can play. For those who know a bit about the game he is what you call special. To deliver the ball the way in which he does is superb. Owen just for his shear pace. You cant buy that or even teach it. Of the new brigade Rooney, Jeffers, and possibly Haregraves(who has to ply his trade in Germany because the kid would not get regular team football in the EPL due to the overwhelming number of foreigners but thats another issue), if they can get regular team football.

I remember the Great George Best giving us Australians and absolute canning in an interview over how overly competitive we were as a nation after we beat numerous English teams on the international stage, and him saying something like "who really gives and shit anyway'. I bet you he does now.

So to all you England supporters who now find the last bastian of your sporting Camelot crumbling around you. Do not take solace in the fact that this was just a friendly and that it mattered not. Deep down it counted and your team owed it to you but were not and are not good enough to deliver.

Go Pies 2003!!
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2003 2:45 pm

Welcome aboard Ronnie, I got no problems with folks who post like you, adding a bit of thought/reason, as opposed to boring "We are the best. Blah Blah Blah" sorts. I get enough of these clowns on London, rather embarrassing I reckon.

One thing England has done, which the Aussies have failed to do, is win (or draw) crucial games, cleaning up the Hun in Munich, and the draw against Greece showed a bit of ticker (though in essence, the levelling goal came from one persons individual brilliance). Unfortunately, the expectation of a lot of people probably exceeds the ability/potential of the squad.

And I'd forgotten about George Best's call, will have to send him an email at Sky Sports to remind him of it....

Yes it was a friendly, what was up for grabs?? Bragging rights I suppose. Hasn't got us, or them any closer or further to WC qualification.

Did read an interesting report in the news, where the writer pointed out that Aussies are always up for a game v England, but someone failed to point that out to Sven. To a certain extent, his hands were tied, though I see the FA is having a pow wow with the premier league clubs regarding player availability. Sometimes it takes a loss like the one England suffered to force the powers at be to get their act together a bit. It happened in Aussie cricket after 86-87 Ashes loss.

carnthepies1 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:06 pm

Just a reply to Dipper.
The only rugby team to beat us was the British Lions, not England.

LondonPIE Pisces

Come and join the Putney Magpies BARFL team

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 7:58 pm

Carn I hate to point it out to you but it was England that beat the Aussies in their last three matches.

Nov 2002 Eng 32 Aus 31
Nov 2001 Eng 21 Aus 15
Nov 2000 Eng 22 Aus 19

Audre est Facere!!
Life is all Black and White
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:53 pm

Well done Londonpie!!
i cant stand it when people come on here and start puting crap info on here especially when they are disputing the truth, obviously carnthepies1 was asleep for the last 6 months of last year!

cpc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:14 am

Bottom line is...the english suck at sport and the Australians dont

THE PIES GO MARCHING ON
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 3:49 pm

God i hate Arrogance!!!!!

cpc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
DIPPER 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:07 pm

Hey Bigmouth just a couple of points if you're gonna talk about something then make sure you know a bit about it.

You called a lot of English players average & I'd agree with most but Scholes???you're an idiot, I hate Man U & I don't particualrly like Scholes but just yesterday Edgar Davids was saying how Scholes is the midfieldeer we all want to be & Zidane has called him one of the best midfilders in the world-if you think Beckham is a better player then you only betray your ignorance.

Secondly you said-

'Haregraves(who has to ply his trade in Germany because the kid would not get regular team football in the EPL due to the overwhelming number of foreigners but thats another issue),'

this is just a complete figment of your imagaination.Firstly if he wanted to play in England he could come over here & get a club no sweat he's not being kept out by foreigners,Arsenal have been sniffing around for a while & he's said he wants to come over one day.The truth is that he was born in Canada to an English father & Welsh, Bayern Munich spotted him as a kid & brought him over to Germany where through his performances for them the English FA noticed him & got him in the side before the Canadians/Wlesh/Germans could pick him, so to say he plies his tarde in germany because he couldn't get a regualr game in the EPl is bollocks-so try to stick to the facts in future.

I do not & have never loved Liverpool FC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: