Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

English Tragedy

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wearmouth 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 3:32 am
Post subject: English TragedyReply with quote

God its great to be Australian.

Yet another pathetic English attempt at playing sport. When will they learn.

SYDNEY ROOSTERS 38 ST HELENS 0 in the World club challenge.

I suppose any one of the top 10 NRL teams could have inflicted the same result.

Its becoming too easy. I am almost beginning to feel some empathy for the English supporter......... Nah it was just a fart building up. Got rid of that quickly.

I here that there is a spelling competition you may want try.
Its against some of our 10 to 15 year olds.

Go Pies 2003!!
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2003 5:08 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Iam Australian but was born in England (i came here when i was 2), i consider my self Australian in every way, but there is 2 things that piss me off about this Country-; 1. the way we cut down tall poppies and the way we get cocky about sport.

OK the Cricket is alright as we do lead the world, but you are having a go at St Helens the kings of Rugby league for the last 2 years, im not sure if they beat Newcastle last year but im sure they beat the broncos the year before.

England are also the top side in Rugby Union at the moment and are close favourites to win the world cup, they have us the last 3 times they have played us and have beaten Sth Africa and New Zealand recently as well.

We deserved to win the Soccer but in my mind we are no where near England in the Class they have and the Depth they have.

I would also like to apologise for talking about Rugby on this site but i thought it was my duty to prove a point!!!

cpc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Wearmouth 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 7:42 am

Creedy your support for your home country is admirable. However being considered favourite for anything means squat. The act of actually winning and being the best is the task at hand. Lifting the silverware. That is where the English have been so long away from that they have developed a severe case of stage fright.

And secondly, watch this space in the next few years. A tidal wave of change is about to hit the Australian soccer scene. Everyone knows that we are the best breading ground for raw talent in the game. It makes no difference that England have a league of ordinary players to choose from. Its only the top 22 that really count and I'd stack up Australia's top 22 against England's any day of the week and twice on Sundays. Lets not move away from the fact that England are the biggest under achievers.

Their is one thing that blantantly sticks out in all these discussions. That is noone needs to tell me how good the Australian cricket team is they stand up and deliver, noone needs to tell me how good the Australian Rugby League and Rugby Union teams are they stand up and deliver, noone needs to tell me how good the Australian swim team is they stand up and deliver, none needs to tell me how good Cathy Freeman is she stands up and delivers I could keep going all day. Does there seem to be a pattern developing here Creedy.

To first succeed you must strive to achieve.

And here ends the lesson.

Go Pies 2003!!
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:49 pm

I agree with you with everything except the Soccer, although i was happy about the result last week i know that we are not a better side than the English, it was only a friendly.
If you would stack Australias best 22 up against Englands best 22 in a world cup then get ready for a thrashing, in a game that means something we dont stand a chance (remember England vs Argentina in the world cup).
And you said our best 22, well unfortunatley our depth is a problem, take Emerton, Kewell and Viduka out of the side and you have the side that was beaten by the Kiwis last year.
Im happy that we beat England last week but to now think that we are better than them is stupid, lets not get Cocky it was only a friendly, we have done England a favour, they will now get thier arse into gear. Lets not forget the talent that played in the second half- jenus, hargreaves, king and rooney, do you really think our second teir players are as good as that.

cpc
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 7:19 pm

Someone tell the english media and the crowd at upton park it was just a friendly..that is an excuse beasley.

A friendly ?? i dont think so !!!

Well done to the aussies 3-1 over the whinging stinking poms on there home turf was a thrashing

100,000 GOLD WIGS and a million shining eyes
This our country's one true game
And the footy ground's on fire
And collingwood's sons and daughter's, under wide Australian skies
Win or lose we're back again to claim the winner's prize.....

Go Pies you bloody beauties !! 'Caaarm Ornnn' kill the Bloody Bastards.

email..joffa@magpies.net
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 3:58 pm

It wasnt an excuse Jeff, England did take it seriously but not seriously enough, Australia cant now sit back and think they are the Dogs Bollocks, they still have to work on a few things including the way they sat back and defended for 30 mins in the second half.
Jeff it was a friendly and at the end of the day they count for &%%& all!! We can brag but im sure that was not the England we will see in Euro 2004.
My god i didnt know that everyone would get so cocky over a friendly, if i knew this was going to happen i would have gone for England and not Australia, but i did and im still happy that we won.

cpc
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 4:31 pm

I spose your right beasley we shouldnt get carried away,

England have been the greatest under achievers in world football for a long long time

email..joffa@magpies.net
DIPPER 

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:17 pm

It's funny that idiot goes on about St Helen's losing the World club challenge but it's been won by English clubs for the last 2 years beating the top Aussie side each time.

For sure Ausie team sport is great & we can't compete with that but you brought up cathy Freeman, so where's all the other great Aussie athletes.We've got a guy who's jumped about the top 10 distances ever in the triple jump & won the Olympics/World cha,ps/commonwaelth/European champs.We've gpot a female runner whose smashed the marathon world record & won the european gold at 5000m & Commonwealth gold at 10,000m this year, running the second fastest time ever.We've got the bloke whose won Gold medals in 5 consecutive Olympics, what did you call that? standing up delivering was it.

We also happen to have the Heavyweight Champion of the world.

As for Australian soccer, you probably won't even make it to the world cup you'll probably choke again like you did against Iran trying to qualify for 1998.Actually is that an Aussie disease cos I seem to remember the 'Great White Shark' having a 6 shot lead going into the last round at Augusta but his arse went & nick Faldo picked up another green jacket.

I do not & have never loved Liverpool FC
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 9:06 am

Hey Dip ive spent the last week trying to tell everybody that England arent shit, now you say that we might not make the world cup! i beg to differ as we only have to beat New Zealand, ok we might have been lucky that England had a training run last thursday but dont take the argument that far!!

cpc
joffa_the_man_in_gold 

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 6:24 pm

Hey dipper

I got a better suggestion

Tell someone who cares !!......

email..joffa@magpies.net
Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:27 am

PS dipper dont forget the population of the UK....you have as many people in "SUNNY LONDON" as we have in our entire country...

THE PIES GO MARCHING ON
creedymagpie Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:04 am

Pies Premiers 2003, i dont want to seem pathetic but if you come onto this part of nicks you will know that i hate people posting shit and untrue info so here it goes- London has a population of 11,850,000 (top ten of everthing 2003) which is about 6 and a half million people of your statement (australia 19,200,000 people).

We have to realise that we are very privaleged to live in this country (i went to the uk last year and was busting to get back just to have a decent Coffee), we have the room to have things such as massive swimming pools and sports grounds and all governments (liberal or labour) spend a lot of money on sport while Tony Blair and his cronies dont and we have to realise that real estate in the UK is a bloody joke (a 20 squre house in a bad area of london would be about $1,000,000).

As i said i dont want to sound pathetic but there is so many reasons why we seem so good at sport but the main reason is that Governments spend so much money on it and land is so cheap here.

cpc

[This message has been edited by creedymagpie (edited 19 February 2003).]
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:28 pm

London's actually been sunny all this week. Haven't seen a cloud at all. Pretty facile argument there PP, try a little harder and get your brain into gear next time.

Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:50 am

bugger me....sensitive types....

not sure were I got my numbers from....but nevertheless the bigger the pool the more swimmers you can have....

two firsts!!!
aussies are good at sport becuase the land is cheap???
and
its been sunny in london all week...

THE PIES GO MARCHING ON
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> English Premier and A-League Soccer All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: