Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Cocky SA are beaten

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

South Africa's problem appears to be they have no sense of humour.

Wessels had none, Cronje had none and now Pollock, Kallis, Kirsten, Boucher, Gibbs, Donald, Klusener, Boje .... should I continue?

Compare them with the Aussies. Gilly, Hayden, Punter, Symmo, Hoggy, Bic .. even Ooo ahh and Dizzy smile when they get a wicket.

With Jonty out of the picture they lose the one bright spark they had. Too intense, fellas.

Donny.

THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN !!!!
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 8:18 pm

SOUTH AFRICA, THE CARLTON OF THE CRICKET WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

If your not bleeding Black and White, you don't truly support Collingwood!!!!!

[This message has been edited by bwphantom (edited 05 March 2003).]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 1:31 am

Aussies only have a sense of humour when things are going there way. Never seen McGrath seeing the funny side when someone hits him for four......lol lol

jlc

Its not arrogance if you can back it up

Fate is what you are given, Destiny is what you do with it

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 1:51 am

SA's problem was that they just were'nt that good. Batting OK, but their bowling, Pollock and Ntini apart, is not top shelf. Klusener has been an ordinary bowler for a long time IMO. His bowling was trashed at last world cup, same story here. Batting wise, Gibbs did a good job, but if you are playing guys like Smith and Dippenaer...well join the dots. Losing Jonty was a huge blow for them.

In essence, they, or the Windies missed the 6 because of NZ's no show in Kenya. At least Kenya beat a test playing nation (Sri Lanka)...Zimbabwe didnt even do that! Whoever is organising the next WC (Windies?) should make sure they have reserve days! Then, the Windies would have finished off Bangladesh, and last nights farce would have perhaps been avoided, as Pakistan could have actually played a game v Zim, and make Zim earn it. No prizes for guessing who the final four will be!

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 3:01 am

Dont forget South Africa had a comprmosed selection policy....lol Until they pick the best eleven based on ability not skin colour they will have problems.

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 4:43 am

The super six should have squeezed out the dud sides....but alas we are going to have to watch theses on-sided games for another week or so.....

strange you want to see players laughing and giggling whilst playing cricket...yes its a sport....but its also a business...NOTE-you tend to enjoy your cricket more when your winning....

THE PIES GO MARCHING ON
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:10 pm

PP'03, I said sense of humour. Nothing about laughing and giggling.

My whole point was about winning. South Africa have beaten everyone but us so have had plenty of wins and yet they LOOK like losers.

Donny.

THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TOWN !!!!
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 6:03 am

Humour is about laughing etc

Aussies are the BIGGEST SOOKS when they lose

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Pies Premiers 2003 Aquarius

KEEP SEPTEMBER FREE

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 6:33 am

not sure where your headed with that Donny....personalities play a big part naturally...the Kenyans take it to another level...perhaps your mistaking COCKY and arrogance for a sense of humour???

Australia are generally spanking sides and can afford to look relaxed....why be tense when your 250 runs ahead and a side is 9 for??? Different story when the match is a tie.....

THE PIES GO MARCHING ON
bwphantom Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:02 pm

The reason why I called them the Carlton Of the cricket world is because on paper they look to have a very strong and competitive side. However, their application was dismal to say the least. I agree with some of the comments made here, but SA can only blame themselves and no-one else. But they will blame something, because they cannot accept the truth, that their campaign lacked heart(simple as that). And as for the Kenyans making it. Personally I think it is good for International cricket and will only contribute to a broader quality of competition in the future. It is great to see teams who are not of the norm make it to the next round.
I remember when people were saying Sri Lanka don't deserve to be playing at an International level, and they went on to win a World Cup campaign.

[This message has been edited by bwphantom (edited 06 March 2003).]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 4:33 pm

Sure if they made it on their merits there would be no problems. But they didnt they made it by default.

Having said that its great that Brisbane beat us in the Premiership then ?? Afterall a few years ago they were the minnows of the AFL. Thanks largely to the AFL they are now a powerhouse. So three cheers now everyone...hip hip hooray

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2003 8:29 pm

JLC,

You sure are going out of your way to remind us of "how big a sooks" we aussies are when we lose etc...but the fact is we haven't lost, in 12 matches actually. Not only have they set a new record, but they set a very high standard, a benchmark as you would call it....and yes much like Brisbane in the AFL. BTW if you say that kenya has made it by default, then you certainly are sounding like alot of the jurnos last year who said Collingwood only made it to the Grand Final by default after all wasn't it us who were also "minnows" of the AFL just a few years ago?? Kenya Deserve to be there because They gained enough points to be there....end of story!!!

South Africa started this Campaign all cocky and arrogant, thinking that they would cruise into the Super 6 and then on to glory in the final. Then, true to form, wehn things went wrong..they blame a piece of paper with the wrong digits on it or they blame the elements....it is always everyone else's fault but their own...Accepting defeat and giving praise where praise is due is, as it seems you are finding as well JLC...A very Difficult thing to do.....

"NEVER LEAVE, NEVER GIVE UP ON THEM AND ALWAYS BE THERE AT THE END TO CLAP THEM OFF THE GROUND. WE ARE COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTERS SON, EVEN IF THEY BEAT US, WE ARE STILL BETTER THAN THEM!"(quote from my mum when I was 8 years old)
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:16 am

Difference is we were not given an arm chair ride by the AFL. Thats why Eddie is fighting hard for Victorian clubs to make it an even playing field.

The facts are Zimbabwe did not earn their spot in the Super six stage. If beating two minnows and picking up 6 points for nothing is what the super six stage is all about then something is horribly wrong dont you think ??

jlc

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:20 am

I dont even go for South Africa so i dont care.....lol Its more the fact that you want to see the best teams qualify for the next stage. When this is prevented by flaws in the system then that is wrong.

Congratulations Zimbabwe on beating the Netherlands and Namibia

Essendon 2000 premiers
2001 runners up
2002 fifth
2003 ????
The slide continues
bwphantom Virgo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 6:41 am

JLC I see what you mean and in most respects I agree with you. However, the fact remains that Sa had a dismal campaign and they are not there because they were not good enough. True they may be there if kenya did not win 1 game...only 1 because of a forfeit. I was impressed how they went about their business. They did not give up, more than I can say about SA.
I think the draw for both pools was as even as could be. All teams I believe have gained valuable experience from this World cup campaign, which can only contribute to the lesser teams improving by the next World Cup.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Sports Bar All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: