Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Vale / in Memorium

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Springa Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 9:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats terrible news, my thoughts are with his Family and Friends and Team mates..
-BUCKS IS A CHAMPION-
-THE PIES ROCK-
-------------------------------------------
foreigner Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:44 pm

Very very tragic.

Rest In Peace Troy.

Deepest sympathies to his wife, family and all who knew him.

Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:07 am

Not surprising, of course ... but at least closure is now possible for his wife and family.

My special thoughts and sympathy to his father, Wayne Broadbridge, who played for Port Adelaide in the 1960s.

And don't forget those Melbourne supporters. We give 'em heaps over their range rovers and weekends in the snow, but they'll be completely devastated by this. So let's spare a thought for them as they experience something similar to what Collingwood fans went through in October 1991.

Very sad day indeed ... for all of us ... and if you multiply that by 150,000 (and counting) you've got some idea of the magnitude of this tragedy.
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:45 am

I agree with you Alf, our family was travelling back from the beach and heard the news via radio, all of us in the car shed a couple of tears. I hope his family and especially his new bride can find some sort of comfort in such a dark time. I also comiserate with the Melbourne Football Club. As Alf Alluded to in his post, we know how something tragic like this can affect a club and it's members, although maybe not as legendary as Pants, the kid was looking to be a future star for the Demons and his ability and personality will surely be missed...

Cheers

Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:37 am

RIP Troy.

Troy Broadbridge's body found
04 January 2005 Herald Sun
Damian Barrett
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,11845533%255E20322,00.html

Quote:
THEIR impulses had been telling them all week to jump on a plane and search for their mate amid the tsunami carnage in Thailand. Wiser heads overruled, and they stayed in Australia.

Impulses told them to abandon training yesterday and all thoughts of football.
rand corp 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:10 am

Good idea Tess, perhaps you should pass that on to Eddie.

Condolences to friends and family of Troy over your tragic loss.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:18 pm

It's terrible and sad that he was killed. I feel sorry for his new wife and how her life has been shattered. Let us all not forget there also has been another 150000+ people that have died as well. This figure keeps climbing each day.

The way the media have carried on about Troy Broadbridge in the past few days as if he was the only one that has been killed.

Whole families have been wiped out, thousands of children have died. Parents have been swept away and their children have been left to survive on their own. The devastation has affected more than just one family. My deepest sympathy’s go to all the people who have lost their loved ones.

A game of football should not be just dedicated to Troy Broadbridge, but to all who lost their lives.

May the world become one in the face of this disaster.
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:34 pm

Tess wrote:
Perhaps we could start looking at dedicating the Queens Birthday match against Melbourne to him, or to one of the charities that are doing so much.

Good idea Tess, but he was from ther Port Magpies, so prehaps the Dees and Power should play off for the Broadbridge Memorial Cup?
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:56 pm

Bit over the top for a someone that has played less than 50 games.
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:53 pm

I doubt people will ever be able to think of Troy Broadbridge and not think of the other 150,000 + people who also died in the tidal waves on Boxing Day, 2004. I doubt it very much.

I also doubt that Collingwood will not do anything on Queens Birthday (except at the request of the Melbourne Football Club).

I do feel so much for Troy's wife, his family, his friends, his teammates, and the supporters of Melbourne Football club. My heart goes out to them.

Yobbo^LuKa Libra

=[(World Champion)]=

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:01 pm

This sad event could be one of the most tragic we have experienced in AFL football circles. In some ways we are lucky it wasnt Jason McCartney a few years back. Troy's death was caused by a freak of nature and caused more damage than any terrorist attack could ever. The saddest thing about the whole incident is that he has left a wife behind.

Will this spur the Dee's on? Or will they be a mess from here on in? Who knows, some of them probably dont even feel like playing football again.

It will be interesting to see the impact this tragic event has and will make on the Demons.

RIP Troy Broadbridge

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:16 pm

I support Culprit's comments.

Please, lets keep in proportion what has happened. What has really happened.

There's a danger here for insensitivity. Beware.

Whole island communities have disappeared. Some people have lost dozens of family members.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 9:21 pm

You are quite right Culprit and Magfan8 - BUT the outpouring of grief and messages for Troy is because he was an AFL player - it somehow brings it closer to home for all who have not been personally affected by this tragedy

Many people have lost loved ones through car accidents -and many of us did not know Pants personally - but the grief was like we did and it will be the same with the AFL community in paticular MFC for Troy

I feel sure that it is not meant to give his life more significance than all the other unfortunate victims - hell I can't remember him as a player but I will remember a young man in the prime of life, enjoying his honeymoon - and it will serve to remind me how many others lost their lives and will continue to do so and how fragile our own lifes are

RIP Troy - Trisha and family I hope you will always have wonderful memories that may in the years to come bring you some comfort
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:42 pm

Yeh seeing as this site IS about footy afterall of course everyones gunna be talking about troy more than anyone else, because they can put a face to him etc etc.

Hey how many hundreds of people get killed in car crashes every year? Why dwell on Millane? Why? Hes the one who was DRINK DRIVING? Why should we care about him in particular? Just because hes a footy player
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 1:26 am

Before people jump on CQ's comments, she is factually correct. I was pretty gutted about Millane, but let's not forget, you don't get pissed as a newt and drive home!

I support Magfan and Culprit on this line. Broadbridges death means as much to me as the death of anyone else in this disaster, and as much as the death of some poor African kid of hunger or aids who never had a chance at this life, or some kid blown up in Iraq from a 'stray' bomb, etc.

How much does it mean to me? That's my business.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 12 of 100   

Jump to: