Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Collingwood Rant is now up!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DT 

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 10:35 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Nailed it.

In my view we are seriously at risk of having the worst decade in this club’s history.

The Board is a joke.

The men’s football department aside from Graham Wright is third rate - AFLW is excellent.

The club doesn’t stand for anything anymore.

Maybe I will check out and check back in in 2030

stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 11:14 am

Another really entertaining video Sly! Please keep them coming!
McMonkey 

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 2:54 pm

Thanks for another outstanding rant gents.

It’s become a weekly therapy session, could not function without it and gives some closure to another awful week that was, until it’s Groundhog Day again.

Particularly insightful points about appointing assistants to inject new ideas for the senior coach, as said, just cut to the chase and bring in a new coach if that’s the requirement.

Do dearly hope they go to interview, that’s how teams have found the next Clarkson, Hardwick or Beveridge. It may even take more than one attempt, in fact it probably will.

Worst part of this is the on-field dire straits are the least of our problems....

Sly Leo

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 1:40 pm
Post subject: The Round 10 Episode of The Collingwood Rant is now UP!Reply with quote

Can it get any more heartbreaking for Collingwood?

Well, that's a redundant question!

This week, Sly and Spook look at the loss to Port Adelaide.

Also, a comprehensive interview with David Hatley, the 41-year Collingwood member who is spearheading the petition to call an EGM.

A look at the responses around the world wide web, as well as a preview of the upcoming clash against Geelong.

And stay tuned after the credits: there is a collection of brief interviews with people who signed the petition!

If you haven't signed, you can do so by checking out Magpie Voice.

Check out the Round 10 Episode on YouTube or the podcast on Anchor.
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 2:04 pm

Thanks for the extended interview with David Hatley.
Interesting to hear what he has to say.
Sly Leo

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 8:54 pm

Did you miss our interview with David Hatley?

Here it is exclusively on The Colllingwood Rant!

David is spearheading a petition to force the club to go to an EGM, spill the board, and demand democratic elections.

Find out what's motivating David in this comprehensive discussion!

Also, stay tuned after the credits to hear interviews with people who signed the petition!

Check out the interview on YouTube.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2021 9:48 pm

Sly, I'm sure I can speak for most of us on this one - Thank David (and his collaborative mates) from all of us here on Nick's for having the gonads to stand up and do something about this mess. It's been a long time coming.
McMonkey 

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 11:11 am

Another interesting, hard hitting and humorous show, cheers gents.

Getting a few more home truths out in the open to seek improvement through DEMOCRATIC change at the club is fantastic.

Great interview with David Hatley, he's so well spoken, measured and logical. As stated above, pass on our sincere thanks to him and his group.

Also, thanks to you too Sly and Spook for fighting the good fight.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 8:12 pm

Great rant, guys. I agreed with everything you said. Fighting the status quo is now an absolute necessity for every Collingwood supporter who loves our club. I was very impressed with David Hatley's calm and rational approach. Some of the younger supporters it seems do not yet understand the passion and the knowledge animating Dave Hatley, those in his group, and the "boomers" who are at the moment predominantly signing the petition. They have no understanding of the past, since they were not alive then, and so they are less critical of the status quo than they should be. But they will learn in time as events unfold. Go Pies!!
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 8:58 pm

I forgot to add that I was really impressed with Sly's analysis of what is going wrong with our players in terms of the game plan
As he says, Bux' game plan can be described as: "Control the ball first, and then go when the time is ripe". Unfortunately, no one is clear about when the time is ripe. Our players are all too terrified of making the ultimate decision that the time is now ripe. Hence the instinctive kicks sideways/backwards. Who wants to be the target of the coach's ire by failing to properly identify when the time is ripe??
Hence the confusion, indecision, poor decision making that we witness during every game (after the first 15 or 20 minutes. It seems that in the first 15 or 20 min, Bux and his fellow coaches give the players free licence to decide when the time is ripe for themselves, and then we generally get a 3 goal lead. Once the lead is established, Bux removes that free licence and the entire team must go into the football equivalent of lockdown to ensure that the lead is protected. Sorry this is suffocating, soul destroying football.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 10:32 pm

Another excellent episode.

Enjoyed listening to David, and gave me a better understanding of where he's coming from by initiating this process.

For what it’s worth, I think most members have a thirst for change. Where some of us differ is the method of how we achieve that change.

Some members are signing a petition in the “hope” it leads to something better but have no idea how it will play out unless they already have inside information that a challenge is imminent. I admire those who take that leap of faith, but it also has potential downsides as I’ve noted numerous times elsewhere.

Others want more information and detail before doing something drastic. That’s not unreasonable. In the right circumstances, I’d be more than willing to sign a petition, but not at this stage.

Hypothetically, if Browne came out tomorrow and introduced his ticket and outlined his vision, and I happened to be impressed by his plan, then I’ll happily sign the petition and get the ball rolling for an EGM to occur.

We’re largely on the same wavelength. It’s just a few key points of difference that’s causing minor disagreements between supporters.

By the way, I'm 27 so does that constitute a "young" supporter?

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 10:38 pm

Jezza wrote:
Another excellent episode.

Enjoyed listening to David, and gave me a better understanding of where he's coming from by initiating this process.

For what it’s worth, I think most members have a thirst for change. Where some of us differ is the method of how we achieve that change.

Some members are signing a petition in the “hope” it leads to something better but have no idea how it will play out unless they already have inside information that a challenge is imminent. I admire those who take that leap of faith, but it also has potential downsides as I’ve noted numerous times elsewhere.

Others want more information and detail before doing something drastic. That’s not unreasonable. In the right circumstances, I’d be more than willing to sign a petition, but not at this stage.

Hypothetically, if Browne came out tomorrow and introduced his ticket and outlined his vision, and I happened to be impressed by his plan, then I’ll happily sign the petition and get the ball rolling for an EGM to occur.

We’re largely on the same wavelength. It’s just a few key points of difference that’s causing minor disagreements between supporters.

By the way, I'm 27 so does that constitute a "young" supporter?

Hey Jezza, you are 27! Wow... I am just so amazed, and happy. Your words of wisdom regarding Collingwood have suggested an extremely experienced and knowledgeable supporter considerably more senior than 27 years. However, this confirms my faith in the youth of today. The young Collingwood supporters of your agegroup will most definitely begin to see the light, that you have already seen. You are the trail blazer, Jezza.!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 10:47 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Hey Jezza, you are 27! Wow... I am just so amazed, and happy. Your words of wisdom regarding Collingwood have suggested an extremely experienced and knowledgeable supporter considerably more senior than 27 years. However, this confirms my faith in the youth of today. The young Collingwood supporters of your agegroup will most definitely begin to see the light, that you have already seen. You are the trail blazer, Jezza.!

You're very kind, MTTM Smile

Sly Leo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:19 pm
Post subject: The Round 11 Episode of The Collingwood Rant is now UP!Reply with quote

Can it get any uglier?

Sadly, it probably can.

Join Sly and Spook for a lockdown edition of The Collingwood Rant as they examine the hideous efforts against Geelong, the speculation about Nathan Buckley's coaching future, and all the chatter surrounding Collingwood's political situation.

All on the Rant!

Check out the episode on YouTube or you can listen to the podcast.

Listen to our Podcast.

Like our Facebook page.
Sly Leo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:00 pm
Post subject: The Round 12 Episode of The Collingwood Rant is now UP!Reply with quote

How a win can change the season!

Unfortunately, it's not this win. Or this season.

Join Sly and Spook as they cover the narrow win over Adelaide, and an examination of Collingwood's salary cap, coaching, and board issues!

All on The Rant.

Check out the episode on YouTube or you can listen to the podcast.

Listen to our Podcast.

Like our Facebook page.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 22 of 27   

Jump to: