Umpiring rants ~ receive our scorn

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

I@n S

Bitchmond and free kicks

Post by I@n S »

How come every time we play them we get screwed by the umpires. Mostly for the 1st half tonight it was. Richoson is useless. I mean how can you kick 1 goal 5 or whatever it was at this level? Most of his chances where straight infront and only got his goal from a rubbish umpires call.

What was the free kick count because it felt like we only got 4 today and they got 20 or something like that?

There are two teams Umpires! And this stupid new rule where the ruckman can't just grab the ball from a bounce..

STOP SCREWING WITH THE GAME AFL... LEAVE IT THE WAY IT WAS!!!!
Geoffy Pie

Post by Geoffy Pie »

two words: Brett Allen

he screws us everytime
Poor men wanna be rich
Rich men wanna be king
And a king ain't satisfed till he rules everything
MissMagpie_20

Post by MissMagpie_20 »

I hate to always whinge about umpires but it was absolutely disgraceful last nite and the thing that really annoys me is the lack of coinsistency. Similar type of situations getting entirely different umpiring decisions. Its a joke!
Those with the most invested are the last to surrender!

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
mgh3536

Post by mgh3536 »

7 frees in the forward 50.

Brett Allen is an absolute show pony. When McKee grabbed the ball in the ruck they just couldn't wait to call the new rule.

They umpire in a predictive way, because they have never played the game they assume the logical thing will happen and before they know it, it hasn't and they have blown the whistle. They also call frees when they cannot see the incident becaus they assume, fuc_ _ _ _ cretins.

Additionally they umpire differently for the named players.

eg Luke Darcy gets an armchair ride

THese pricks are a sore point
Brown26
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Brown26 »

yeah, 16 - 29, at the stoppages tehy just gave richmond free kicks, it was the way to get the game moving - one day they might do the same for us? no, not likely. :P

But I thought it was terrible. we didn't go to see a close game, we went to see good football, you can'[t play good football being masacred by the umps like that, and richmond can't play football at all. they'll be a lowly team this year.

my favourite free was an off the ball decision against woewodin. nice guy, recent father, one of teh richmond palayers decided to punch woey in the groin, and then throw his hands up and pretend woey hit him back. Of course the richmond guy got teh free, but the trick is, woey didn't respond to teh punch. didn't even move. yep, just a little bit too much for the umpires to digetst, all those tricks. muc heasier to just GIVE A FREE TO RICHMOND!

- Ben
I@n S

Post by I@n S »

Brown26 wrote:yeah, 16 - 29, at the stoppages tehy just gave richmond free kicks, it was the way to get the game moving - one day they might do the same for us? no, not likely. :P

But I thought it was terrible. we didn't go to see a close game, we went to see good football, you can'[t play good football being masacred by the umps like that, and richmond can't play football at all. they'll be a lowly team this year.

my favourite free was an off the ball decision against woewodin. nice guy, recent father, one of teh richmond palayers decided to punch woey in the groin, and then throw his hands up and pretend woey hit him back. Of course the richmond guy got teh free, but the trick is, woey didn't respond to teh punch. didn't even move. yep, just a little bit too much for the umpires to digetst, all those tricks. muc heasier to just GIVE A FREE TO RICHMOND!

- Ben
Yeah spot on. I remember that one and Woewodin went red from anger fromt he hit and the stupid call.
I've watched the replay a few times already and you can't realy see it on camera unless theres another angle that they didn't show on TV..
Until channel 9, 10 and foxtels camera work improves players will be getting away with striking more...
silf85

Post by silf85 »

Brett Allen didn't rob us last night.
It was umpire '16' Matthew Head.
You watch the game and 75% of Richmond's frees were given by him.
He is a moron in real life and I expect nothing less from a Carlton Supporter. Let's hope we don't get him on Friday night.
I@n S

Post by I@n S »

silf85 wrote:Brett Allen didn't rob us last night.
It was umpire '16' Matthew Head.
You watch the game and 75% of Richmond's frees were given by him.
He is a moron in real life and I expect nothing less from a Carlton Supporter. Let's hope we don't get him on Friday night.
oh gosh.. Well i'm not supprised. Even Brett Allen is pathetic and hes suppost the be the best umpire in the AFL. We know somethings wrong when the best is SHITE. You said it wasn't Brett Allen and that maybe the case but hes robed us before. I want to make a list of the 10 worst umpires I've seen in the AFL but they'd all come 1st :evil:
The ones from the grand final stick out though. Barstards
I@n S

Post by I@n S »

Oh and i'll add that it should be like International soccer. you can't ref a game if your from one of the two countrys. But in this case it should be you can't umpire a game if you support 1 of the teams thats playing. You'd get pricks like Matthew Head who are bent shite barstards still because of rivalry but at least you wouldn't get as much full on favortisam
fan4collingwood

Post by fan4collingwood »

What about the 50 metre penalty against us for abusive language?
Don't those white maggots get abused by everyone for the whole game???
Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

Most of the free kicks were there, trouble is the umpiring fraternity is inconsitant.
Slayer

yada yada

Post by Slayer »

ump allen gave me the shits

as for richo miss kicks at goal

upt to 3 qtr time
richo kicked 1.4
didak kicked 1.4

last qtr richo kicked 2 points , didak 1 goal.

media / and rich supporters quote inaccurate kicking from richo - but geez didak wasnt far behind and he missed em from even closer.

As fort he 2.8 first qtr should have been 8.2 and heaps of scoreboard pressure ..... but yada yada was nice to win !
Jarryd
Location: Supporting Essendon, but hanging out on a Pies Website

Tonights umpires

Post by Jarryd »

They are SHOCKING!! That holding the ball decision was a joke.
Eunos

Post by Eunos »

You may be right there Jarryd.

I'm glad to see that you are keeping that old home truth alive, you know the one.......

"There are two kinds of supporters.......
Collingwood.........
and those that wish they were Collingwood!"
Jarryd
Location: Supporting Essendon, but hanging out on a Pies Website

Post by Jarryd »

I thought it was

Collingwood, you either really really love them

or really really hate them
Jimmy Hird Jimmy Hird, He's Jimmy Jimmy Hird. Paid 25 grand and is the umpire's molll, he's JIMMY JIMMY HIRD