What are you listening to right now?

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Jezza
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 196 times

Post by Jezza »

Benny Benassi - Cinema.

Great song to get pumped up to. :)
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Judee Sill's first album, while making dinner. She's been a great discovery lately. For those who haven't heard of her, she was a Californian songwriter from the early 70s, unfortunately no longer with us. She made just two albums in her lifetime, beautiful folk-pop with chamber orchestra touches. Better compared to Nick Drake than more obvious female artists like Joni Mitchell - doomed, romantic and utterly unique. She's only just started to get the appreciation she deserves that she never really attained in her lifetime, though she did I believe make the cover of Rolling Stone.

Click here for a look-see if you're curious. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0feFedDW_iQ
"The greatest thing that could happen to the nation is when we get rid of all the media. Then we could live in peace and tranquillity, and no one would know anything." - Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen
annewilo

Post by annewilo »

My new DAB+ Digital radio that my wonderful husband just bought for me.

We looked at all the top of the range post $150 ones and my friend Ruslan Kogan had a couple we consided but then he found one on special for $50 all in so we thought we would give it a go.

The range is great with hundreds of stations and the sound really good. The brand is MBeat and their products are at

http://www.mbeat.com.au/index.php?route ... duct_id=78

here's where you can get it for $50.

http://www.oo.com.au/mbeat-DAB-Digital- ... P33073.cfm

Great listenning and a nice alternative to go back and listen to the radio at night rather than watching the rubbish on TV at the moment.
The Knights of Abbotsford
stui magpie
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

I got a digital radio to have at work, when they stopped us being able to stream radio stations over the work net.

Great reception, great sound, easy channel selection. Bought mine from Dick Smith.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

I'll pass that on, David! She did some pre-production work last week and has the first of two sessions booked in for next week. :)
"The greatest thing that could happen to the nation is when we get rid of all the media. Then we could live in peace and tranquillity, and no one would know anything." - Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen
WarrenerraW

Post by WarrenerraW »

got sbs radio chill playing in the background with a cool summer breeze coming through the balcony door. niiiiice.
stui magpie
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

Pied Piper wrote:I'll pass that on, David! She did some pre-production work last week and has the first of two sessions booked in for next week. :)
g'day Kyle. :P
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

^ There's something in that joke that I'm missing I'm afraid ... Am I living under a rock? :? :oops: :lol:
Pied Piper

Post by Pied Piper »

Van Morrison, Astral Weeks. Bliss.
watt price tully

Post by watt price tully »

^ Astral Weeks - I've got that on vinyl from the '70's, great Album.

Bought a best of Warren Zevon the other day from David's former employer.

Forgot about this track: Roland The Headless Thompson Gunner:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmwTWZzq ... detailpage
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
think positive
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

Can't get Whitney out of my head, no work today, gunna do some paperwork, then give the kitchen a big clean with I will always love you ( my favourite cd) blaring from the speakers, nothing like a good cry!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!

Post by 3.14159 »

Jet's Get born.
it blasts the sleep from the eyes.
not sure how my neighbour feels about it.

Witney Houstan must hav meant a lot to you Jo.
many sympathies.
think positive
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

3.14159...etc wrote:Jet's Get born.
it blasts the sleep from the eyes.
not sure how my neighbour feels about it.

Witney Houstan must hav meant a lot to you Jo.
many sympathies.
yeah i loved her songs and her voice...and even the bodyguard!!

You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
Jezza
Has liked: 136 times
Been liked: 196 times

Post by Jezza »

M83 - We Own the Sky
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆