Kill-Joy Mods and the Carlton Train Wreck.

Suggestions, praise, feedback. Need to communicate with the moderators? This is the place. If you need to communicate privately with the moderators, send email to lesbastardssinistres(at)magpies.net

Moderator: bbmods

Neil Appleby

Kill-Joy Mods and the Carlton Train Wreck.

Post by Neil Appleby »

Come on Mods, this newish idea of moving anything not Collingwood related to 'down the list' areas where nobody can find them is not user-friendly. We all went looking for the Carlton threads last night and this morning and had to search high and low for them. Why? General Discussion should mean discussion of anything Collingwood and anything guaranteed to interest, amuse or entertain Collingwood people. When Carlton is on its knees, with talk of its President and CEO getting shafted, we want this news front and centre so we can all enjoy it.

Come on you kill-joy mods, rethink this retrograde decision.
After the epic draw comes the decisive knockout!
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!

Post by 1061 »

I went straight to the other AFL forum and was disappointed to see GD polluted with Carlton crap.
Neil Appleby

Post by Neil Appleby »

I disagree 1061; if it were Carlton spin or anything remotely positive about Carlton then yes, send it south, but when it's talk of Carlton crisis or demise then no, keep it front and centre please. When Carlton is in self-destruct mode, it is immensely satisfying to those of us with very long memories.
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

I agree,it should all be amalgamated on the great big, "Laugh at Carlton" thread, which should in turn, be made a Sticky for us to enjoy for years, decades to come !! LOL
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Neil Appleby

Post by Neil Appleby »

Hear! hear! One giant, sticky, Laugh at Carlscum Thread......c'mon mods that's a great idea!
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

As a member on here since 1999 I could count on one hand the amount of times I've been into any of the other areas. If it's the hot topic and everyone wants to talk about (and let's face it why wouldn't we) it then it should be on the front page. Spot on Neil.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
Didaksgoal

Post by Didaksgoal »

The laugh at Carlton thread should be front-and-centre on the GENERAL DISCUSSION forum, like it always was.

Go the Pies
Damien

Post by Damien »

Dunno how many pages our 'sack bucks' thread is up to but over at 'talking carlton' the 'sack Malthouse' thread is up to 66 pages!

I sense a milestone coming on. Maybe it'll coincide with our game with the scum and we can make them a special banner 😈
The Herald - 1930

Post by 1061 »

Damien wrote:Dunno how many pages our 'sack bucks' thread is up to but over at 'talking carlton' the 'sack Malthouse' thread is up to 66 pages!

I sense a milestone coming on. Maybe it'll coincide with our game with the scum and we can make them a special banner 😈
The banner is no longer made by "us", we buy it of a Company.
Hiss
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Hey

Post by Hiss »

Malthouse should receive one of Tony Abbott's new Knighthood's for going to a club that is rotten from the core. Malthouse took a pay cut to go the Blues and now look. The players are not listening to him and he can't implement his game plan. Alas the failure is bigger than one man. I reckon he should go and coach the Footscray Muts and build a side from the bottom up with a supportive culture. Footscray are a noble and decent club looking for a new coach with Mick's premiership record of success. There is no job at Collingwood because we are the real deal with a great young coach with a vision for success. Carlton deserve to be wooden spooners and rot like that foul dwarf.
I love this club and I hold anyone in contempt who does not think it is worth fighting for.
rand corp

Post by rand corp »

It's only right to laugh at the less fortunate, (in this case Carlton) that's what they are put on this earth for.

Watching the cyclical and regular imploding of the Carlton Football Club is one of the pure joys of being a Collingwood supporter.
Doc63

Post by Doc63 »

rand corp wrote:It's only right to laugh at the less fortunate, (in this case Carlton) that's what they are put on this earth for.

Watching the cyclical and regular imploding of the Carlton Football Club is one of the pure joys of being a Collingwood supporter.
+1 - especially for those of us unfortunate enough to have had to endure 70, 79 & 81.

Long may this continue.
I hold a cup of wisdom, but there is nothing within.
Donny
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Kill-Joy Mods and the Carlton Train Wreck.

Post by Donny »

Neil Appleby wrote:Come on Mods, this newish idea of moving anything not Collingwood related to 'down the list' areas where nobody can find them is not user-friendly. We all went looking for the Carlton threads last night and this morning and had to search high and low for them. Why? General Discussion should mean discussion of anything Collingwood and anything guaranteed to interest, amuse or entertain Collingwood people. When Carlton is on its knees, with talk of its President and CEO getting shafted, we want this news front and centre so we can all enjoy it.

Come on you kill-joy mods, rethink this retrograde decision.
"where nobody can find them" ? The 2 forums are clearly delineated as 'Pies related' and 'Other AFL' and the description of GD explains where to go for other AFL issues.

Are you really saying that an extra mouse click or two is too much for you ?

Neil, there are ways of contacting the Mods' team and it's not by posting in GD. Please read 'The Rules' (atop any Nick's page).
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
Damien

Post by Damien »

Hey Donny. It's a game enjoy it!

Give the members what they want instead of making nicks a nanny state like everywhere else!

Had to come and find this thread out of curiosity only.
The Herald - 1930
Redlight

Post by Redlight »

I found this searching for the 'laugh at Carlscum' thread which has been greatly missed from General discussion. The mass of posters seemed to love that thread and to have it missing now of all times is greatly disappointing. I think NA is bang on with his opening comment.