Why are they moving/removing threads?

Suggestions, praise, feedback. Need to communicate with the moderators? This is the place. If you need to communicate privately with the moderators, send email to lesbastardssinistres(at)magpies.net

Moderator: bbmods

35forever

Why are they moving/removing threads?

Post by 35forever »

I started a thread to ask what the hell the mods think they're doing removing threads...Now that thread is closed/gone!!!
What is going on around here?
If free speech is gone this place has died! I don't care if you agree with my views or disagree violently this concerns you! Don't let them take threads away! PS: I had neither written in or even read the Mitch Clark thread, why is it unreadable?

Remember Voltaire!
"I may not agree with what you say but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"

The first move of the despot is to kill free speech!
"If at first you dont succeed...
... oh who cares, we did it!!!!!"

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

It's in general feedback, as you'd expect, given the subject matter.
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

Pies4shaw wrote:It's in general feedback, as you'd expect, given the subject matter.
Where this one shall end up too I should imagine.
Cam
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Cam »

I'd love to know who "demanded that we make these changes to the forums" because they seem to be the tail wagging the dog whomever they shall be.
Get back on top.
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

Cam wrote:I'd love to know who "demanded that we make these changes to the forums" because they seem to be the tail wagging the dog whomever they shall be.
It was probably Nathan Buckley. I blame him. Even if he did nothing, I still blame him.
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Re: WTF!!! Why are they Moving/Removing threads!

Post by Piesnchess »

35forever wrote:I started a thread to ask what the hell the mods think they're doing removing threads...Now that thread is closed/gone!!!
What is going on around here?
If free speech is gone this place has died! I don't care if you agree with my views or disagree violently this concerns you! Don't let them take threads away! PS: I had neither written in or even read the Mitch Clark thread, why is it unreadable?

Remember Voltaire!
"I may not agree with what you say but I'll defend to the death your right to say it"

The first move of the despot is to kill free speech!

well now, with the kind of depressing end of the world for the Pies, threads you turn out, I reckon the Mods are doing us all a big favour. :roll: :P
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
The Prototype

Re: WTF!!! Why are they Moving/Removing threads!

Post by The Prototype »

Piesnchess wrote: well now, with the kind of depressing end of the world for the Pies, threads you turn out, I reckon the Mods are doing us all a big favour. :roll: :P
I am sure Bigfooty can help him in his time of need.
35forever

Post by 35forever »

It's all very well to be a smartarse Proto, but the suppression of dissemination of information is a very serious subject, and you'd do well to treat it very seriously indeed. I'll bet Sydney to a brick this thread too will probably be gone in the morning, and no one has mentioned our coach until you did.
I would be demanding to know why someone has decided to suppress free speech here, but sadly I don't think I'd get much support. Too many people here are happy to be walked over and fed bullshite. You're about to find out what that gets you!
And once again let me add that nothing I have written has been removed/moved, it's the writing of others I'm trying to defend, and I'll keep doing so if I have to make ten threads per day!
If you have a pair you'll add your voice.
"If at first you dont succeed...
... oh who cares, we did it!!!!!"

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

I must admit I did prefer it when you jumped on board and blamed Bucks!!
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

35forever wrote:It's all very well to be a smartarse Proto, but the suppression of dissemination of information is a very serious subject, and you'd do well to treat it very seriously indeed. I'll bet Sydney to a brick this thread too will probably be gone in the morning, and no one has mentioned our coach until you did.
I would be demanding to know why someone has decided to suppress free speech here, but sadly I don't think I'd get much support. Too many people here are happy to be walked over and fed bullshite. You're about to find out what that gets you!
And once again let me add that nothing I have written has been removed/moved, it's the writing of others I'm trying to defend, and I'll keep doing so if I have to make ten threads per day!
If you have a pair you'll add your voice.
tl;dr

Don't like the way the forums moderated feel free to post somewhere else, really simple and it stops the pissing and moaning that isn't needed.

I didn't bother reading the rest of the drivel you posted nor do I try and read any of the sooky garbage. Mods made the decision, deal with it in private instead of having a big old sook like a bloody child.
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Bucks5 »

Not only is there a General Feedback forum, there is also one to discuss Drafting and Trading. Things could get moved there as well, especially at this time of the year to unclog the main forum.

General Discussion is not a dumping ground to discuss anything and everything. Something that fits any of the other boards will be moved, where's the problem in that? Why catergorise sections if they are not used.
Member 7167

Post by Member 7167 »

The Seedsmeister wrote:Not only is there a General Feedback forum, there is also one to discuss Drafting and Trading. Things could get moved there as well, especially at this time of the year to unclog the main forum.

General Discussion is not a dumping ground to discuss anything and everything. Something that fits any of the other boards will be moved, where's the problem in that? Why catergorise sections if they are not used.
And that is their role and they are carrying it out.
Now Retired - Every Day Is A Saturday
The Boy Who Cried Wolf

Post by The Boy Who Cried Wolf »

Member 7167 wrote:
The Seedsmeister wrote:Not only is there a General Feedback forum, there is also one to discuss Drafting and Trading. Things could get moved there as well, especially at this time of the year to unclog the main forum.

Well its simply isn't good enough as it does not suit 35forever's agenda.
And what is this 'agenda' specifically, pray do tell?
All Aboard!! Choo Choo!!!
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Yes, we move threads to other forums that are more suitable to the topic.

Yes, we sometimes merge threads when the same topic is being covered in mulitple places.

No, we don't usually tell people. There is rarely the time and if you search on your name, you will find where it went.

Yes, we stuff it up sometimes. You have our apologies for that.

But suppression of freedom of speech? You're on a footy fansite for cying out loud.

Cheers...WPW
for the mods team
Neil Appleby

Post by Neil Appleby »

I think you ask a legitimate question 35forever and I don't think it should be dismissed so lightly. Yes, I understand the mods merge threads and even edit threads and posts when it gets nasty, but why so much sensitivity by the mods team and is it really so difficult and time consuming to PM a poster to tell them what's happening?

Yes its only a footy forum but its OUR footy forum and we are entitled to ask questions about its management.
After the epic draw comes the decisive knockout!
Collingwood rules the world again and Mick Malthouse fulfils his destiny with the twenty ten premiership and can you hear the people sing!