Post match. Pies lose to Dockers - All comments.

The home for conversation about our AFLW team - the best women's team in the world!

Moderator: bbmods

Donny
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Post match. Pies lose to Dockers - All comments.

Post by Donny »

Collingwood 4.3.27
Fremantle 6.4.40

Goals: Bernadi 2, King, Lambert 1

Disposals: Kuys 21, Duffin 18, Chiocci 16, Molloy 15, Lambert 13, Tesoriero, Barden, Grant 12, McIntosh, Bernadi 11

Let's hear ya !!
Last edited by Donny on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Not too fuzzed we lost because we played better tonight than last week. You can only work with what you've got. We defended well. We run well and our forwards worked better tonight. We introduced some younger players tonight and we need to keep playing them because that's the way you learn.
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

It appears at Collingwood ,kicking to a team mate is definitely NOT a priority. What a farce it was last night,as was the umpiring.I guess it's a Collingwood thing NOT to be payed obvious free kicks and immediately have tiggy touchwood frees paid against.It will be a long ,tough year if last night is to be the yard stick.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

I didn't watch the game, except for a few seconds here and there, as I was watching the cricket.

So for those who did watch it, I'd be interested in some feedback.

What's 3 things the team did well and 3 things that need improvement?
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

mudlark wrote:It appears at Collingwood ,kicking to a team mate is definitely NOT a priority. What a farce it was last night,as was the umpiring.I guess it's a Collingwood thing NOT to be payed obvious free kicks and immediately have tiggy touchwood frees paid against.It will be a long ,tough year if last night is to be the yard stick.
I think more Kicks went to the Opposition then that went to there Teammates.

Molloy was Roughed Up but Scumps did nothing to try and Stop It :evil:
I am Da Man
MatthewBoydFanClub

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

That's a fair summary about the umpiring but there's nothing you can do about. If you complain, its whinging because you lost, so you just shut up and say nothing. At some point the wheel turns and our time will come.
orie

aflw

Post by orie »

I got frustrated because in that second quarter the pie defence was being bombarded and were doing a pretty good job, but two times in a row, one after a great strong mark by number 6, she kicked it straight back to freo. A minute later same girl, did the exact same thing. Terrible. Then after that it was constantly kicking short to the opposition.
At that stage I took th dog for a walk. I support the girls but, honestly that was so frustrating for all their effort.
And I agree, the umps were shit too.
'MADE IT LEGENDARY'
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

Dave The Man wrote:
mudlark wrote:It appears at Collingwood ,kicking to a team mate is definitely NOT a priority. What a farce it was last night,as was the umpiring.I guess it's a Collingwood thing NOT to be payed obvious free kicks and immediately have tiggy touchwood frees paid against.It will be a long ,tough year if last night is to be the yard stick.
I think more Kicks went to the Opposition then that went to there Teammates.

Molloy was Roughed Up but Scumps did nothing to try and Stop It :evil:
totally agree DTM.I actually think that more of our kicks went directly to the opposition.
With regards to the Chloe Molloy incident, it appeared she got hit in the head during play, whether by accident or rough play I can't say as it wasn't captured or at least not replayed,Freo kicked a goal from the incident and then Collingwood got a free kick at the centre bounce for the incident that had just occurred??? If you can work that one out ,you.re better than I.
Vexillology

Post by Vexillology »

Two Dockers players cited by the MRP for striking Chloe - one gets a week, one a slap on the wrist. Cannot find any vision of either incident. Anyone got or seen any? Compare and contrast with the wall-to-wall and endless replays of Sarah D'Arcy's indiscretion (after having been jumped on, scragged, kneed in the hamstring, held off the ball and not protected by the umpires all night but then Sarah's not named Tayla Harris or Katie Brennan).

Not often that two players are reported for hitting the same player in the same game. Probably happened to Weightman,Rhys-Jones, Brereton a bit.

Looked to me a clear case of the Docker's coach having instructed her players to belt Chloe hard and often. I suppose that's footy but not nice to watch when its one of ours. The good thing is Chloe seems to be one of those rare players who plays better and better the more the opposition players try and take her out. Poor choice of words. Sorry. But you know what I mean.
ronrat

Post by ronrat »

They won't do it but it is clear case for the umpires to be sidelined.
Annoying opposition supporters since 1967.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Vexillology wrote:Two Dockers players cited by the MRP for striking Chloe - one gets a week, one a slap on the wrist. Cannot find any vision of either incident. Anyone got or seen any? Compare and contrast with the wall-to-wall and endless replays of Sarah D'Arcy's indiscretion (after having been jumped on, scragged, kneed in the hamstring, held off the ball and not protected by the umpires all night but then Sarah's not named Tayla Harris or Katie Brennan).

Not often that two players are reported for hitting the same player in the same game. Probably happened to Weightman,Rhys-Jones, Brereton a bit.

Looked to me a clear case of the Docker's coach having instructed her players to belt Chloe hard and often. I suppose that's footy but not nice to watch when its one of ours. The good thing is Chloe seems to be one of those rare players who plays better and better the more the opposition players try and take her out. Poor choice of words. Sorry. But you know what I mean.
I know one she was Holding her Jaw and Think she looked Sore in the 2nd
I am Da Man
Vexillology

Post by Vexillology »

^yes, that's right DTM. There were a couple of "after the event" shots in the TV coverage.

What I want to know is: Where is the vision that Michael Christian looked at?