AFLW finals

The home for conversation about our AFLW team - the best women's team in the world!

Moderator: bbmods

23 YIPPEE!!!

AFLW finals

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

hi are there semi finals for aflw or is it top 2 go through to gf and no semi finals be played. Is it a top 4 or a top 2.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

I feel it’s too 2 there’s no semi finals the gf is played the weekend after next so far if Carlton can beat freo and we beat Brisbane then we will make the gf we play saint Kilda next weekend at Vic park I think it’s a Saturday afternoon.
If we end on top I’ll like us to play the gf at the mcg before the Collingwood Carlton match I think it’s Friday 26 March.
Looking like Brisbane or freo our likely opponent
KenH

Post by KenH »

Looks like the top 6 goes through to finals?
Cheers big ears
Presti35
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Presti35 »

Top 2 go straight to the Prelim.

3 Vs 6 and 4 Vs 5 are the elimination finals.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
23 YIPPEE!!!

Aflw finals

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Not sure I think top 2 and that’s it too 2 is the gf there’s been no news on these other finals
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

For goodness' sake, 90 - do a basic search. Presti35 is, of course, correct:

AFLW FINALS FORMAT

Week 1 (weekend of April 3), Elimination Finals: 3rd v 6th and 4th v 5th

Week 2 (weekend of April 10), Preliminary Finals: 1st v [4th v 5th winner], 2nd v [3rd v 6th winner]

Week 3 (weekend of April 17), Grand Final: Preliminary Final 1 winner v Preliminary Final 2 winner

See: https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/womens ... 05cbf339d1
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

ok cool thats better for collingwood then as i feel they will not end top 2 but end in 3 means a home elim final vic park then probably travel to freo or brisbane for the premlim.

Still a way to go yet.

Just take it 1 match at a time is best.

Need a big win v saints this weekend to hopefully shore up top 2.

I feel a margin of 27 points will do it depends on the freo v melb and brisbane v north match.

ill rather play saints then both north and demons this weekend so we have a better run in the last round then freo and brisbane.

Im going for north to get over brisbane and demons are a chance over freo but it will be hard.

I feel theres another round after the next though.

i think we play the crows away match.