Dangerfield has to go — spineless AFLPA

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Dangerfield has to go — spineless AFLPA

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Hasn’t stood up for Ginnivan once all year, even when Ginni spoke about the mental toll. Also hasn’t said peep about Zorko’s sledge against Petty. Is the AFLPA only concerned with $$$?
woodys_world69
Been liked: 20 times

Post by woodys_world69 »

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/dayne ... 4710cd5cfe

Also dont forget the Adelaide pre-season camp debacle.

Does anyone know if there is more to this story? is Harrison Petty's mum sick etc? which would make his comments 100 times worse then they already are.

Nobody knows what the AFLPA does, they dont care for current players...they dont care for Past players.... all they care about is getting higher salary and media deals so they can get their cut of the earnings.

I suspect reading articles danger doesnt believe its his job, and as president hes more concerned on big picture stuff. So it sounds like to me the player (Petty) needs to seek out assistance from the AFLPA if he believes the clubs or AFL havent done what they are suppose to in these circumstances.

The Lions should obviously strip him from captain and leadership roles, and i think immediately. not next year. This is a sign/reason why they dont win finals the Lions
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Zorko apologised and yes from my understanding Petty’s mum is ill. The crickets from the AFL and AFLPA is mind blowing though, but seems they only see themselves as money men. This is why I’m not a fan of current players being President/spokesperson for the AFLPA, the “code” gets in the way. There should have been a swift and very clear denouncement of sledges getting too personal, everything has a limit. Trash talk away, but what Zork said is pretty low. Reminds me of Selwood, but he at least didn’t know the tattoo was of the players daughter and not their partner. Zorko knew and still chose to go there.

But anyway, the silence on Ginni (and AFL’s attitude he deserves it) is appalling. Contracts and money means nothing if players quit due to mental health or worse.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

woodys_world69 wrote: The Lions should obviously strip him from captain and leadership roles, and i think immediately. not next year. This is a sign/reason why they dont win finals the Lions
Rewind 20 years ago when Buckley wiped his blood on Cameron Ling's jumper. He was captain. Should we have forced him to step down as captain?
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

What'sinaname wrote:
woodys_world69 wrote: The Lions should obviously strip him from captain and leadership roles, and i think immediately. not next year. This is a sign/reason why they dont win finals the Lions
Rewind 20 years ago when Buckley wiped his blood on Cameron Ling's jumper. He was captain. Should we have forced him to step down as captain?
Whabout is a poor argument, and really bad example. Nowhere near to knowing someone’s mum is seriously sick and saying they hope they die to put the player off.
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

^ both are examples of leaders / captains who made a really bad choice.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

^ tru dat
Presti35
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Presti35 »

What'sinaname wrote:Rewind 20 years ago when Buckley wiped his blood on Cameron Ling's jumper. He was captain. Should we have forced him to step down as captain?
And look at the questions raised about Buckley. I remember copping it and then finding myself having to stand up for the club yet again when that happened.

But dont anyone dare say anything about the brave lions. Fk it's nice to see the media turn on them a little bit.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
What'sinaname

Post by What'sinaname »

^ exactly, he deserves the scrutiny, but some of the comments are a tad over the top.
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Not really whatsinaname, it was as low as you can go in sledging. Sledge their dogs, but not relatives. Anyway, players have apologised, Petty’s fine, so closing the thread.

AFL and AFLPA are still gutless re Ginnivan though ;)
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

And good on big Maxy for speaking up.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Yep times up for Dangerfield he has become a joke and he is just pathetic
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Zorko’s sorry not sorry tonight. Seriously. He said Melbourne players were sledging him first. Just own it, you flog and apologise. It’s not hard. Anyway, not our club and not our concern! ;)
Mr Miyagi

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Actually Zork fully apologised on radio so that’s the end of it as far as I’m concerned. Full stop. Caro is just clickbaiting and creating controversy for headlines, ignore her. You’d hope the AFLPA has spoken to the players and asked if they’re ok though.