Congratulations to Daniel Andrews 3000 days

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

watt price tully

Congratulations to Daniel Andrews 3000 days

Post by watt price tully »

I’m sure everyone here on Nicks will join me in extending hearty congratulations to Daniel Andrews on achieving 3000 days in office (or is that power?)

Certainly Victorians have increased their support since the November state election where Daniel Andrews won his third consecutive four year term.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/vict ... 5clok.html

Jeffrey Glib Kennett when he was premier provided for a statue to be made for any Premier who made it to 3000 days. Jeffrey Glib Kennett after doing to Victoria what he was doing with Felicity managed to convince voters to give him the size 10 Julius Marlowe and return him to his beloved private enterprise before he reached the arbitrary 3000 days; so no statue of JGK
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

So, between them the ALP and the Greens are estimated to have 54% of the primary vote. It's a long time to the next election, so it doesn't much matter, save that it may send a repeat signal to the LNP that Victorians don't (on balance) much like the hard right.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

It's important they go up, so someone can tear them down in 200 years, when they are no longer considered apt.
David

Post by David »

Touché. :mrgreen:
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Re: Congratulations to Daniel Andrews 3000 days

Post by lazzadesilva »

watt price tully wrote:I’m sure everyone here on Nicks will join me in extending hearty congratulations to Daniel Andrews on achieving 3000 days in office (or is that power?)
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
David

Post by David »

Yes, though some might say the right wingers have done a pretty good job of that on their own... :lol:
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

I do hope they build a statue of him, Pigeons need a place to shit.

I'd be tempted to take a dump on his bonce myself. :wink:
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Yeah well done <snip>; your finest hour was when half a million people marched through Bourke street a year or so back wanting you terminated.
Biggest protest crowd since Vietnam War.

Stay clear of those staircases won't you...
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
watt price tully

Half a million piedys? I reckon there were 50 million. All anti vaxxers and they all voted him out in November 2022…..Oh hang on a sec he won by an increased majority, he smashed it in his own electorate and the anti vaxxers were and remain a pimple on the arse of society.
“I even went as far as becoming a Southern Baptist until I realised they didn’t keep ‘em under long enough” Kinky Friedman
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/vict ... 5cl2y.html
Former opposition leader Matthew Guy was so disliked and the Liberals’ election campaign so negative Victorians had no reason to vote for them, according to the party president.

Mirabella described the election strategy as “relentlessly negative”, “wrong and counterproductive”, and criticised it for targeting Andrews.

“Our media material in the final weeks gave voters nothing to vote for and no reason or moral permission to vote Liberal,” Mirabella’s report states.

Several Liberals told The Age Guy and McQuestin were so convinced they were going to win, they called the office of NSW Premier Dominic Perrottet to ask whether they had staff who would come to Victoria during the transition process.

Senior Liberal Party campaign strategists were telling candidates the party was on track to win between 16 and 21 seats, and Guy had told colleagues he approached deputy state director Brad Stansfield, who lives in Tasmania, to be his acting chief of staff in government.

“These guys were just witless, feckless, unintelligent and worse,” one Liberal said.
Reaching 3,000 days seems to have been like shooting (witless, feckless, unintelligent - and possibly anti-vax) fish in a barrel.
Jezza
Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Congratulations to the Dear Leader.

🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Bruce Gonsalves
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Bruce Gonsalves »

Looking forward to the next 3000 days.
Hope he doesn't want to retire; we really need Dan to McStay.
watt price tully

Jezza wrote:Congratulations to the Dear Leader.

Now that’s a bronze statue
Pies4shaw

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ It's very interesting that some compare Andrews to dictators, given that he is repeatedly elected by popular vote in a system that provides for a genuine electoral contest (albeit, it may be difficult to lose to people described by a member of their own party as "witless, feckless, unintelligent and worse"), there is no real suggestion of a gerrymander and his electoral margin is presently beyond what was seen as an inevitable "high watermark" back in 2018.

Victorians can vote him from office any election they want. They don't seem to want to, though.