Post Match. Pies beat Bombers. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

stui magpie wrote:Great game, great win, Darcy Moore's speech was tear inducing and spine tingling.
Wasn't it just Stui. Such an intelligent and empathetic young man. Best Anzac Day speech ever.
It's been widely applauded in the media (they've focused on the right things for a change!)
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Near the end of the 3rd quarter when we were 4 goals down, I thought we could still win it in the last. However, I admit, when we were 5 goals down I thought we were gonski. What a team. If we can win that, with so many KPPs missing, we have every reason to think we can go all the way this year!

Btw, pre-game I told my son Nick Daicos would win the ANZAC medal with 42 disposals and 2 goals. I was pretty damn close!! 8)
uncanny
Been liked: 12 times

Post by uncanny »

Inspirational win that will live long in the memory.The whole team dug deep and what a joy to watch the swarming pressure and attacking mindset see them over the line. Players who were down all day or battling didn't drop their heads and made contributions. Good examples of this being Mihocek and Markov in the last q.
Frampton was a great contributor again and the fortunes of the team always improved when he was on the ball.
McCreery was fantastic in the last q when the game was on the line.
Sidey led from the front. Crisp lifted after being so so for 3 quarters. The rest of the team fell into line.
So much to like about what they are putting out there.
Well done and rest up for 5 days before heading back to Adelaide oval in 5 days...
woodsmen rule
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times

Post by stui magpie »

Shout out to Frampton who I previously dismissed as a shit ruckman, he basically equalled/nullified Draper, so big effort.

Also some love for Ruscoe.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Well im stunned seriously stunned
At no stage in the first 3 terms did I feel we were anywhere good enough consistently to win
Hats off to all the players
Giving votes today was the hardest week I can remember in a long time
Unspoken hero’s like Frampton McCreery, Mitchell, Crisp all had seriously big last terms along with the brothers Daicos
Can anyone tell me did Peter D father several other sons outside of his marriage and do they qualify for father son status !!
As mentioned previously Darcy Moore speech at the end was seriously spine tingling. He a thoughtful young man who represents everything good about our club
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

I have been left speechless by the magnitude and heroism of this win.
I will comment again when I have recovered the faculty of speech.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

Billy Frampton was heroic today. In terms of impact on the outcome of the game, I had him just behind Nick Daicos. As expected, he was beaten in the ruck, and the Bummers should have monstered us in the air, but Frampton would not allow them to. A sterling effort.

I'm salivating at just how good we can be when we have Cameron, Cox, Lipinski, Murphy, Howe, Adams and McStay available.
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

Team effort got us home in the last when we should not have had a chance, fitness was clearly a factor, bank the four points and worry about Adelaide..who are possible tall ins?
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Rick

Post by Rick »

Been really impressed with Markov as well. Hopefully he can cement a spot in the side.
Jpies

Post by Jpies »

Rick wrote:Been really impressed with Markov as well. Hopefully he can cement a spot in the side.
I was actually about to post exactly this - his performance today should be recognised.

He didn't have me convinced in his first couple of games, but today he was really important for both our contested situations in the back half, and our run. He looks to be settling into the team.
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Well that was fanbloodytastic.I think that was probably even better than all of the come from behind wins we had last year,given our outs.

When we get all our talls back,I think we will be just about unstoppable.There is something irresistible about this side.I’ve never seen a Collingwood side that simply refuses to give up no matter what the scoreboard says,like this one.

Oh,and Nick Daicos is a God.I don’t even think he’s mortal anymore.
mudlark

Post by mudlark »

Born to Pie wrote:READ YOUR COMMENTS DURING THE GAME - You people are retarded, you blame the coach and the players DURING a game and then celebrate a win. It's not over until it's over FFS. Call yourselves supporters, BS.
100% agree. I didn't read the comments but I could guess who they were.
PyreneesPie
Has liked: 66 times

Post by PyreneesPie »

Kudos to our conditioning coach too. Wish we'd had him before this, but what a great acquisition. Keep him whatever the cost!!!
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

RudeBoy wrote:Billy Frampton was heroic today. In terms of impact on the outcome of the game, I had him just behind Nick Daicos. As expected, he was beaten in the ruck, and the Bummers should have monstered us in the air, but Frampton would not allow them to. A sterling effort.
agree. Frampton was massive. I have him down as the winner of the virtual Anzac Medal.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
the fuzz

Post by the fuzz »

Fkn love this Club. Love you alll