Pre-Match. Pies v. Cats. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Donny
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Pre-Match. Pies v. Cats. All comments.

Post by Donny »

Friday. MCG. 7.50

Collingwood v. Geelong

In: Billy Frampton, Will Hoskin-Elliott.

Sub: Jack Ginnivan

Out: Ash Johnson (Omitted), Nick Daicos, Steele Sidebottom (Injured).

Let's hear ya !!
Last edited by Donny on Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
Pete 70
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Pete 70 »

So Daics not replaceable, and Murph a big out. And, I thi k we should rest Mitchell. So, for me:
Ins: Ginny, Cox, Billy F, and Carmichael
Out: N Daicos, Murphy, Mitchell, Johnson
Dispatches from a foreign land
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Pete 70 wrote:So Daics not replaceable, and Murph a big out. And, I thi k we should rest Mitchell. So, for me:
Ins: Ginny, Cox, Billy F, and Carmichael
Out: N Daicos, Murphy, Mitchell, Johnson
I agree that Mitchell should be out (had ice on his leg after game, so probably is injured) and agree with your Outs
Out: Naicos,Murph, Mitchell,Johnson
I also agree with 3 out of 4 of your ins. Both Carmichael and MacRae are injured and therefore unavailable. So I would bring in McInnes in order to play in the midfield.
The addition of Ginni allows Beau to spend more time in the midfield as well.
So my selections:
Ins: Ginni, Cox, Frampton, McInnes
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Must win.
Time to end the rot.
If we want to avoid playing interstate week 1 finals we must win this one.
Agree on the ins ginny Cox Frampton
I didn’t know that Carmichael was injured as I would have got him in as well
I know McRae is still another week or 2 away from being available
But to be honest I’m sick of this spiralling theme that’s occurring at Collingwood
Time for a much needed win
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Lose and the seasons is finished another false dawn back to rebuilding again it’s 2019 all over again here we go again and again
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Naicos, Murph and Mitchell out
Cox, Frampton and WHE in

Geelong by 4-6 goals
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
mgh3536

Post by mgh3536 »

Why does ginnavan play?

Last year was then he hasn’t shown form at all in vfl
The opportunity he had yesterday to stamp his authority on a place in the team 6 possessions and 1 tackle ffs!!

Bianco ruscoe should be ahead of ginnavan

Whe, cox, frampton in
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

Did the Blues start the blue print on stopping Collingwood
Agree folks we are losing this Friday night too by 30 points
I do think it will come down to the Essendon game weather to decide we play in Brisbane or adl week 1 finals.
23 YIPPEE!!!

Post by 23 YIPPEE!!! »

If the cats dont go out trying to injure our players like hawks did then collingwood will win this math.

Thing is we have been worked out.
derkd
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

^ we wouldn't have gotten injured had the team gone out with the correct attitude of attacking the football and an attitude of hunting the opponent. Collingwood were reactionary, and happy to be second to the contest and stand around and let Hawthorn walk out of stoppages. Dont blame Hawthorn this is all on Collingwood

This team has stopped to a walk in the last few weeks, is it due to our ladder position? Or did this side go too hard too early in the season and now they are spent?

Geelong are not in a great spot, if this team needs a bounce back this is the chance.

As I said in the injury thread...this might sound silly...but this side has to learn to win without Nick Diacos carrying them every week...I thibk a fair few players including the likes of Degoey have not done enough..and have left Diacos to do all the heavy lifting....if this side can't win without Diacos(s) doing everything....we have real problems.

As I said, after the Port game ...champion data stats said Collingwood should have lost that game by 5 goals... we were belted between the arcs for possession, ground ball in fwd 50. I think a few too many on here were happy to chalk up the win and keep going...ignoring some very worrying signs.

Fly likes a test... now we have one...let's see how good Collingwood actually are. If we can't turn this around over the next few weeks...I don't think the finals are going to be pretty watching...and we need to be prepared for this.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

The pre finals training load will begin to taper which will have us cherry ripe for the Cats.
We are too good of a team to just fall off the perch.

Pies by 17pts!!!
- Side By Side -
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

Out: N. Daicos, Murphy, Mitchell, Johnson

In: Cox, Carmichael, WHE, Frampton.

Pies by 3 goals.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

The usual suspect negative Nellies are at it again, no wonder I wont take part in that match day thread anymore , so I will leave them to wallow in their own swill. One player does not make a team, sure Nick will be missed, yes, but as my son poiinted out, we had both JDG and Sidey out together for several games, and we still won matches. The whole team had a real bad day at the Office, v the poo and piss, this happens, happens to other teams too, seen it so often. This is a real challenge now for the whole side, and Fly, this match. The Cats did lose to Freo on their home deck, so they are very beatable. They have a few outs too. If we go into this match with a whole new mindset, utter cold blooded determination to stop the rot, throw everything at them, we can win this, I reckon, this is our challenge, to get back to what we were. I still have faith in our team, damned if Im giving up. Woods by 16 points.
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
lazzadesilva
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️