Ex-Collingwood players still doing the playing rounds

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

Gerry Cooper wrote:I noticed Ollie Henry seems to be filling out and has added a fair amount of muscle mass. Given the aging Hawkins, he might develop into an important key forward for the Cats. How hard did we try to keep him?
Funny I thought the same thing and also asked that question. Was there any reason why the club didn’t call his bluff and not accede to his request? Why continue with the practice of giving good players to other top teams instead of the case with Stephenson who will be lucky to play finals with north? Was it just poor management by us or was there a hidden reason?
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 119 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

lazzadesilva wrote:
Gerry Cooper wrote:I noticed Ollie Henry seems to be filling out and has added a fair amount of muscle mass. Given the aging Hawkins, he might develop into an important key forward for the Cats. How hard did we try to keep him?
Funny I thought the same thing and also asked that question. Was there any reason why the club didn’t call his bluff and not accede to his request? Why continue with the practice of giving good players to other top teams instead of the case with Stephenson who will be lucky to play finals with north? Was it just poor management by us or was there a hidden reason?
He was set on playing with his brother but it looks like we didn't rate him high enough to fight for him. Maybe if we had convinced him to remain, we wouldn't have needed to get McStay (No knock on McStay intended).
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 153 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

Paul Seedsman called time on his AFL career today. One player I would have liked to see play out his career with us as a one Club player.
Go well young man.

Source :
https://www.afl.com.au/news/1009972/cro ... n-symptoms
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

Sad news. One of my favourites, and certainly a player who excelled after leaving us.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Jezza
Has liked: 132 times
Been liked: 192 times

Post by Jezza »

Sad to hear that he's still battling ongoing concussion symptoms.

The obvious highlight of his career was his 2015 Anzac Day performance.

🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
thesoretoothsayer
Been liked: 15 times

Post by thesoretoothsayer »

Tyler Brown delisted.
Promised so much, never really got going.
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

I'm a sucker for the romance of father / son stories at Collingwood so I'd love for Tyler Brown to come back and do another preseason at Collingwood, light it up over the pre-season then be added to the list as a last gasp pick, same as Oleg Markov did earlier this year. I'll never forget the wrap that Nathan Buckley gave Tyler as being potentially as good as Nathan Fyfe as a big bodied midfielder. At the time I was very excited about a son of the great Gavin Brown having a stellar career with the Magpies.
The reality is that once a player is delisted by two AFL clubs, his future is in the VFL or alternatively at a rich suburban club to cash in on what's left of their football career.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
Take_a_Screamer
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Grand Final fallout.

According to Presti35
It's been reported that Oliver Henry has been crying...
https://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtop ... 98#2174298
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
makri

Post by makri »

Had the pleasure of sitting behind ex pie Bryan 'Strauchanie' Strauchan in M32 yesterday.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

Presti35
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Presti35 »

Take_a_Screamer wrote:Grand Final fallout.

According to Presti35
It's been reported that Oliver Henry has been crying...
https://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtop ... 98#2174298
He left the Carpathia to jump on the Titanic.

Well Oli... we made it to New York. Hows that chilli Altantic ocean? Hows Leo Dicaprio doing?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
David
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

No idea what's going on here, but it seems people think it's pretty good! So, well done to him. :)
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
WhyPhilWhy?
Has liked: 25 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by WhyPhilWhy? »

Most punters kick what is effectively a torp off one step.

Flynn however sets of on an arc and kicks a pretty impressive drop punt considering the ball shape, and also places it close to boundary line. If it's received from there, the kick return can only run one way.
Take_a_Screamer

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Absolutely monumental’: Estranged Lumumba’s joy at Pies’ premiership

"...Lumumba, a member of the Magpies’ 2010 premiership team, said he had been “deeply immersed” in his former club’s charge to the grand final and was filled with joy by their success"

"There will now be hopes the rift between Lumumba and the club for whom he played 199 games can be healed..."

"Lumumba spoke of the “absolutely monumental” significance for the Pies of Indigenous star Bobby Hill’s Norm Smith Medal ..."

"Lumumba praised the “brilliant leadership” of coach Craig McRae..."

etc..

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/abs ... 5e9ov.html
Last edited by Take_a_Screamer on Wed Oct 04, 2023 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Bucks5
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Bucks5 »

^ Hopefully the healing has begun.
How would Siri know when to answer "Hey Siri" unless it is listening in to everything you say?