Farewell #33 Jack Ginnivan

Use this forum for non-Collingwood related footy topics that don't relate specifically to any of the other forums. For non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar and for non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Big T
Has liked: 6 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by Big T »

Will miss the little fella. Won't boo him.
Buon Giorno
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Kingsofclutch wrote:There will always be his sheperd for Jamie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sk7yFwPNvc
The Jamie curse.

Essendon goal - Bianco gone
Carlton goal - Ginni gone

Port goal - Pendles gone at the end of next year?
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

And every single player involved in the Adelaide game that Tarrant won after the siren is gone from the list, as well. Curse, indeed.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

so i wonder what the third side to the story is!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
orie
Been liked: 1 time

ginnevan

Post by orie »

Piesnchess wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:Grow up. What's he going to say - "I don't want to go to Hawthorn but I just got pushed out of the Collingwood team bus onto the freeway at 90 km/hr?"

You grow up , he could have said, " I had some great times at the Magpies, made great mates, great memories, the Premiership I will treasure that memory forever, I loved the fans there. But, I just feel its time to move on, to have a longer contract, and get more games into me, I feel Hawthorn can give me that chance, and I will do my very best for them"

NO he chose to hang **** on MY club, if you can put up with vile comments like that, good for you. I note you never had the guts to have a go at T P for HER venting, looks like she has you running scared. Piss off, you grow up.
Where did he say that?
Thats so disappointing to hear. I know that it must be special to play for the club he barracked for as a kid. Surely we can agree on that. But a more sincere message of appreciation for what the club did for him , what he achieved with his team mates and the incredible support of the fans..would have been more appropriate and sincere. His immaturity is shining through and yes, it does appear that it is all about him. He loves the big stage.
Bobby took the limelight away from him.
Good luck getting that at the Dorks.
So now, those that booed you, will now love you?
Not like we DID.
No easy free kicks there either.

FLOREAT PICA :wink: :( :(
'MADE IT LEGENDARY'
Presti35
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Presti35 »

As supporters, we spend some time defending the players and the club. Thats what annoys me the most about Ginni leaving. We've all defended him in conversations and on the socials. Then he gets a flag and walks away.

It's clear now that he always wanted to play for the Hawks.

Can you believe we're premiers and in under 2 weeks theres some kind of stupid thing that happens, and of course its Ginni.

I'll always look back at his Anzac Medal performance with joy. And I was thrilled that he was in the GF team, even more so that he was not the sub. It was great to see him get his medal knowing that so many oppo supporters would be cut about it. But a part of me now also thinks that I wish Noble was in the 23 instead.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
bally12

Post by bally12 »

Magpietothemax wrote:
bally12 wrote:Look, shit person but he's got some good football traits. One of which is performing vanishing acts in Grand Finals. Enjoy Hawthorn.
How do you know he is a shit person?
Have you personally psychoanalysed him?
Do you have his results for the "'Shit Person or Nice Person" personality test?
He is a 20 year old kid, no doubt immature, but weren't you that once?
Based on his comments that he "finally got to hawthorn and fulfilled his lifelong dream".
He's emphasised the word "finally" a number of times, as if Collingwood was a stepping stone for him.
We plucked him from obscurity, rookied him, developed and supported him as a footballer, cheered him to the point of cult hero status. He shared a premiership with his Pies teammates, which to many is the pinnacle of the sport. All this, and this is his thanks?
Sure there was competition for his position, but he could have taken the challenge to develop himself further amd fight for his position, or broaden his skillset to play other positions, which he himself promised he would do after the Grand Final. Make no mistake we didn't get rid of him. We just told him he needs to work harder and rise to the challenge. Instead, his response was a F. U. to our club. He's even taken down all his old social media posts most of which obviously relate to Collingwood. The message is we are dead to him. Well Jack, you are dead to us. I'm now glad he was MIA in the grand final.
Remember that on the eve of the biggest match for the club and supporters in decades, he chose to go to the races. How do you think his teammates felt about that? On the back of that infamy, he doubled down and accepted a $10k offer to be the Cox Plate ambassador! Another F. U. our club. Our coach asked him to "read the room next time Jack". Not only does he not read the room , he chooses the weak and easy option. He chooses the money. On the field, he chooses to stay out the back instead of tackling,, chasing , going for the mark knowing he will get crunched. And when he ends up the beneficiary of hard work his teammates have done, he makes it all about himself and gloats and mocks the opposition like an arrogant flog . He chooses not to make the play himself but to duck and draw free kicks. The parallel between the way Jack plays , and his decisions off the field are there for everyone to see.
Some humility, respect, and appreciation goes a long way Jack.
think better
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 26 times

Post by think better »

I guess the reality of it is that Jack and the Club realised that he is not as good as Bobby Hill or Lachie Schultz. We also have Harrison who had his contract extended meaning he may well have ended in front of Jack for selection.
I think therefore I think - I think
Presti35
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Presti35 »

Just remember how annoyed some people were when Jack Anthony was let go by the club.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 153 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

This gave me a chuckle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
Ronnie McKeowns boots

Post by Ronnie McKeowns boots »

He made light work of getting the trade arranged
"You hate a mean man, a grasping man, a man who wants everything and gives nothing. That’s Collingwood. They are a law unto themselves"

Jack 'Captain Blood' Dyer
Kingsofclutch

Post by Kingsofclutch »

What'sinaname wrote:
Kingsofclutch wrote:There will always be his sheperd for Jamie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sk7yFwPNvc
The Jamie curse.

Essendon goal - Bianco gone
Carlton goal - Ginni gone
One curse begins and another one ends, I knew that day the Collywobbles had died for good and we (not Carlton) were the come from behind Kings that could pull off the impossible, choking in a Grand Final after sitting on top of the ladder wasn't an option for this club anymore.
Flagpies
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

Mitchell is a hard task master, the ol Kennedy commando stuff, Jack may find its not going to be all roses there, real, real hard work, hard yakka. the Dorks culture has always been brutal, just ask Nick Daicos. !
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

Presti35 wrote:As supporters, we spend some time defending the players and the club. Thats what annoys me the most about Ginni leaving. We've all defended him in conversations and on the socials. Then he gets a flag and walks away.

It's clear now that he always wanted to play for the Hawks.

Can you believe we're premiers and in under 2 weeks theres some kind of stupid thing that happens, and of course its Ginni.

I'll always look back at his Anzac Medal performance with joy. And I was thrilled that he was in the GF team, even more so that he was not the sub. It was great to see him get his medal knowing that so many oppo supporters would be cut about it. But a part of me now also thinks that I wish Noble was in the 23 instead.
100 % this
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!