Coronavirus 5 - Last Blood

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

Culprit
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Culprit »

Culprit

Post by Culprit »

At least 20 more people from that function have tested positive and sure people can do it so they have time off. In saying that they still continue to WFH which they would be doing anyway. Now the function had 170 people and let's say conservatively that's 30 people infected from that function, that's around 18% which is wow as far as I am concerned.
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Curious for people who have tested positive on a RAT, do they show up straight away? The tests always say wait 15 minutes but curious if they show up positive straight away or it does actually take time?
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive

Post by think positive »

eddiesmith wrote:Curious for people who have tested positive on a RAT, do they show up straight away? The tests always say wait 15 minutes but curious if they show up positive straight away or it does actually take time?
During the pandemic I must have used a dozen rats easy, nothing, this time I expected nothing and as soon as the fluid got to the positive line it lit up very deep red! Both times! I waited til Sunday to test again, instantly, yesterday it was slower, same today,

So I called my good doctor today and they do free Telehealth calls for covid positive patients. She suggested the antiviral drug, and texted me a script. Junior went to getit on the way home, sold out, but I rang the pharmacy near the doctor, and they are holding one for me, junior will pick it up tonight on the way home from netball. Apparently it should see me test negative within 3 days, but I’m day 6 anyway I think!

I reckon the fever has finally gone, but I’ve got a chest full of phlegm. No energy. Feel shit. Metallic taste in my mouth that won’t go. Ears are sore, eyes are really sore, yes definitely like a bad case of bay fever. I’m itching to get to training! And you know, just live!
Culprit

Post by Culprit »

My company gives us RATS for free and if I have to buy any I am reimbursed. Not as good as a PCR test.

A dozen more positive today and 2 were in the office yesterday and happened to go to the meeting I avoided. The 2 I have had emails from tell me their symptoms were hay feverish and thought they would check.
David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
eddiesmith
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by eddiesmith »

Culprit

Post by Culprit »

The settings have changed. It's now 5 days after you tested positive you are free to roam in the wild. That's if you test or actually report it. There is still a percentage of people who run with conspiracy theories.
Magpietothemax
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

Culprit wrote:The settings have changed. It's now 5 days after you tested positive you are free to roam in the wild. That's if you test or actually report it. There is still a percentage of people who run with conspiracy theories.
There are in reality no settings whatsoever, because no individual is under any compulsion to even conduct a test. The current reality is that covid has the same significance as a common cold. If you suspect you have it, you might or might not test and isolate . It really only depends on the severity of the symptoms of each individual as to what course of action they pursue, as well as their personal circumstances.
Those in precarious casual work, with no employment protections, feel always pressured to turn up to work, just to retain a source of income.
Any notion of public health, and the responsibility of society as a whole to minimise the spread of a pathogenic virus, has been utterly repudiated. It is simply down to survival of the fittest.
But this is not what society as a whole wants.
It is what the capitalist elite wants, because public health measures are a barrier to profit.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
think positive

Post by think positive »

cheers mate thankyou, i will certainly have a look at that link as i know a couple of people affected by long covid xxx

this morning my test result was a very faint line, so im almost out of the woods, wooohooo!!

im very low on energy, partly because im still very light headed. Im making brillint food choices simply because I want energy, I cant stomach crap, Id already lost 2.5kg on my own and now im down 4 in total! Very happy with that, it seems im finally past the no can lose weight menopause state! over the fricken moon!!!!

this morning hubby woke up sick as a dog! hes testing negative, so i gave him my antibiotics (the ones the first quack gave me, not the antivirals). hopefully its just a sore throat, hes fast asleep right now!

meanwhile, last couple of days i finished a project close to my heart. I mad a video of all the footy pics ive taken since McCrae and co's first training in2021. its given me no end of drama, the size, and also music copyright! the short 10 min version is uploading now, ill post it soon! the long version im happy to email to anyone that wants it! its also on my instagram, #joannecarolphotography sans music! its not bad, but the music makes it!!!!

cheers,

i have such a new positive outlook on life today!
Skids
Has liked: 26 times

Post by Skids »

think positive wrote:
this morning my test result was a very faint line, so im almost out of the woods, wooohooo!!
The way I understood it was that you'll continue to test positive for a few weeks after getting over it.
I remember when it was all lockdowns and tests before flying to work, if we caught covid, after becoming symptom free, we were given a testing exemption card that was valid for 3 months.

Who knows, I've had it twice and never tested positive on a RAT.

Good your getting well TP. Crazy how it is so variable on how it hits people, I've had colds that were worse.
Don't count the days, make the days count.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 57 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies4shaw »

^ That's the thing about viruses - for whatever reason they affect different people differently. Even the most dangerous viruses like Ebola don't tend to kill everyone (the fatality rate for past outbreaks probably averages around 1 in 2) and there are plenty of people who have the associated "illness" so mildly that they are effecfively "symptom free". Here's a report on one case study:
In 2014 Ebola hit the village of Sukudu in eastern Sierra Leone. Officially, 34 cases were diagnosed among roughly 800 residents from November of that year until February 2015. Twenty-eight people died and six patients survived. Richardson and his colleagues wondered if more people in the village could have been infected, but they hadn't checked in at the local treatment center.

Richardson, who teaches medicine at Brigham and Women's hospital in Boston and is pursuing a Ph.D. in anthropology at Stanford, set out to identify villagers who may have been been unaware that they were infected by the virus.

"During that time [the outbreak] all the houses that had a case were quarantined. All of the houses that shared a public latrine with those houses were quarantined and all the neighbors were quarantined," says Richardson, speaking at the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene's annual meeting in Atlanta. "We went back and drew blood from everybody that was quarantined."

Out of the 180 people they tested, 14 had antibodies to Ebola, showing that they'd been infected with disease. These were people who had not previously been counted among the 34 Ebola cases in Sukudu. Two of them remembered being mildly sick around the time of the outbreak. The other 12 didn't remember being sick at all. This suggests that nearly half the Ebola infections in Sukudu during the outbreak went undetected.
https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandso ... en-know-it#
think positive

Post by think positive »

Skids wrote:
think positive wrote:
The way I understood it was that you'll continue to test positive for a few weeks after getting over it.
I remember when it was all lockdowns and tests before flying to work, if we caught covid, after becoming symptom free, we were given a testing exemption card that was valid for 3 months.

Who knows, I've had it twice and never tested positive on a RAT.

Good your getting well TP. Crazy how it is so variable on how it hits people, I've had colds that were worse.
im negative now, and .... hubby is positive. i mean fuxcking ****. worst. nightmare.

stay in the damn room. stay. there.