#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

jonmac1954
Been liked: 14 times

Post by jonmac1954 »

Kingsofclutch wrote:With a flag the temptation to party hearty will be strong, if he backs up again it will be most impressive.
If he comes back ripped the entire competition had better start hunting for a hole to hid in.
Take_a_Screamer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Take_a_Screamer »

Seven longshots and smokeys for the 2024 Brownlow Medal
We’ve tried to find you some value with players who are considered longshots.

Jordan De Goey (Collingwood)
A player who’s always considered a chance, De Goey didn’t set the world alight in 2023 during the home and away season to finish with just 8 votes.
While he’s never picked up more than 12 votes in a campaign, his finals performance has again sucked us in as we see how high his ceiling can be when he’s on.
The Magpies will be up there, and if De Goey performs at his peak all season, he’s the exact type of player who will poll well. Could be hard against his vote-getting teammate Daicos, though.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2023/11/28/ ... low-medal/
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Johnson Screamer @ https://www.afl.com.au/video/931485/joh ... -epic-mark? ❤️️
Take_a_Screamer

Footy star Jordan De Goey receives shattering news about beloved family member he dedicated his AFL premiership medal to

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/afl/a ... final.html
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Jezza
Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

^ Sad news.

At least he will have always the memories and comfort of having enjoyed the big moment with his grandmother.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Take_a_Screamer

This has just has been posted but I think it's 12 months old

De Goey podcast on YT channel Auscast Network (audio only)
https://youtu.be/qXwcboNBOUk?si=9Q-Mri8MXWqL2qZi
Ash Johnson...you beauty
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies2016 »

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/04/24/ ... pion-data/

Really interesting article declaring DeGoey the worst kick in the competition. For those who watch him often enough, we likely won’t disagree and yet this is the same player who has polled 19 of a possible 20 by the coaches in his last two games.
For mine, and I’ve posted this previously, he is our barometer and our most important player. He is so damaging and destructive around the middle, he’s a rare player where kicking efficiency isn’t as important as the number of possessions he gains. Territory is everything in footy. It gives you second looks and allows your defenders a rest anytime you’re controlling the ball in your own forward line. DeGoeys ability to dominate and overpower any quality opposition on given days ( obviously not as often as we would ideally like ) makes him that ultimate clearance and territory player every club is craving for.
I thought his preliminary final against the Giants last year against a star studded midfield was his best for the club and last weeks midfield demolition of the Port young guns was DeGoey at his best again.
The point to this post is to remind supporters that sometimes highlighting knocks on a player can be small change when compared to the strengths they bring on game day. If Degoey was an elite kick, he would simply be the best player in the competition and that’s why he’s not but it’s his strengths that still manage to set him apart from most.
In an era that’s all about territory, he’d be one of the first picked every week in any team, especially when it comes to competing against and negating quality opposition.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 153 times

Collingwood confirm doubt over “really sore” star’s return

Post by LaurieHolden »

A Magpies star is again dealing with a troublesome issue ahead of a massive milestone for his champion teammate.

Collingwood coach Craig McRae is uncertain of the return timeframe for premiership midfielder Jordan De Goey, who is again dealing with a groin issue that has left him looking "really sore".

Source:
https://www.zerohanger.com/collingwood- ... 2024-07-29
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
BazBoy
Been liked: 30 times

Re: #2 Jordan De Goey

Post by BazBoy »

Just announced one soldier out in Jordan De Goey

Just announced one soldier expected in Beau McCreery
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
Mr Miyagi
Has liked: 48 times
Been liked: 113 times

Re: #2 Jordan De Goey

Post by Mr Miyagi »

Ugh we know what what happens with persistent groin issues at Jordy’s age. Hoping Dr Hans can get it fixed.
derkd
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Re: 2024 Injury tracker (please quote/link source).

Post by derkd »

^ I ask what the point of playing De Goey over the last few months?

He has looked troubled the whole time, couldn't turn, had now power in his running. Should have been put away for 2024, with an eye to having him up and ready for next year.

When his hamstring went last night, I wasn't the least surprised. The club has to be smarter then this.

Oh well, give Reef a go in his role, or call me crazy. Why not give Allen the job.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
Haff
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 39 times

Post by Haff »

^only kind of but not really like for like is McReery. He at least has the power and physicality but not the same same.
Bring in the next best mid and rotate McReery through the centre bounces. He’s not got the tank to go up and down the ground but at least it’s something.
The match day thread is for unfiltered BS knee jerk reactions. The time for level headed comment comes after.
derkd
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by derkd »

^ Reef has the size and build to play the role. Problem with taking Beau out of the forward line is that you lose the manic pressure.
"To know nothing of events before your birth, is to forever remain a child" - Cicero (Roman Lawyer/Senator) 46 BCE.
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

derkd wrote: Sun Aug 04, 2024 8:34 am ^ I ask what the point of playing De Goey over the last few months?

He has looked troubled the whole time, couldn't turn, had now power in his running.
Should have been put away for 2024, with an eye to having him up and ready for next year.

When his hamstring went last night, I wasn't the least surprised. The club has to be smarter then this.
We can only presume he insisted on taking the field last night, to honour Pendle's milestone game.
It was a gamble but it paid off; sure it saw him blow a 3rd quarter hammy, but we don't win without him.
The probability suggests we'll miss the eight on either points or percentage, so no real collateral damage.
As he won't be able to run until September at least, that also mean the groin gets rested.
Chances are we'll be spectating by that stage, so we can start getting the house in order by then.

If we drop the Swans game next friday, I'd suggest the mothballs will start coming out by the monday....
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
BazBoy
Been liked: 30 times

Post by BazBoy »

Who from players that have played AFL in 2024
to slot in to fill Jordan’s spot
Maybe Sullivan???
I'm not arguing--just explaining why i am right
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Yeah shocking for JDG but I’m stumped as to how calm and jovial he was in the media interview today and on the bench last night. Even Fly had smiles when he was on the bench. I don’t know what I missed there if he’s gone for the season. Ok maybe it was just happy emotions for Pendles.
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark