#8 Lachie Schultz

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

MatthewBoydFanClub
Been liked: 1 time

Post by MatthewBoydFanClub »

Simply_Brutal wrote:I don’t understand how Schultz cops so much flack here while McCreery gets a pass?
I guess it's because McCreery is a much better player. What I don't understand is why the Freemantle crowd were booing Schultz. If I was a Freemantle supporter I would be cheering him.
duke750

Post by duke750 »

Simple fact. Shultz kicks the goal from point blank range in the last and we go 30 points ahead and win. He misses and we let Freo back on the game.

I haven’t seen anything to convince me that Shultz was a good acquisition.
Magpies forever.
First Colligwood game: Western Oval 1960
Gerry Cooper
Has liked: 117 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Gerry Cooper »

Schultz didn't look like he was mentally prepared for the pressure he would be under playing against his old team at home. He was trying I thought but very little went right for him all night. I'm not chronically down on him like some. He is clearly a talented player but clearly has some more growth to to do to achieve his best for us. However, that missed goal in the last was very gettable and his miss was not up to the team's standards - which Im sure he will be told about this week in review.

On McCreery, he has been off all year. His disposal isn't good and his forward fifty entry bombs onto our forwards' heads are easy meat for defenders. He puts pressure on the opposition but the rest of his output isnt that threatening. Most of his shots on goal are wild sprays on the run. I've said all year he shouldn't be an automatic selection and maybe I would like to see him back in the VFL getting back to the basics and demonstrating his worth to the team. That said, with our injuries, he was on the ball a lot last night and made some impression (Enough? I dont know) then.
We've all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know this is not true.�
Simply_Brutal
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Simply_Brutal »

duke750 wrote:Simple fact. Shultz kicks the goal from point blank range in the last and we go 30 points ahead and win. He misses and we let Freo back on the game.

I haven’t seen anything to convince me that Shultz was a good acquisition.
We had 15 behinds, of which Schultz has ONE. Nick missed two very gettable goals himself.

I just think it’s ridiculous to jump on a player like how Collingwood “fans” have with Schultz. That’s not supporter behaviour, that’s a fairweather fan.
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Simply_Brutal wrote:^
How is this a fairweather fan? All they said was that to date, they haven't seen anything to convince them that Schultz is a good acquisition.

Are fans not allowed to have an opinion that goes against the Party Line. Sounds like the CCP to me.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

I have hopes that Schultz will settle in to be a good to very good player for us, however I have to admit that going after him as a recruit wasn't the smartest thing we've done. We gave away high draft picks for him and lost Ginni as a consequence when all the time we had HH and Richards in the VFL.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
RudeBoy

Post by RudeBoy »

I'm coming round to that view too stui. I still hope Sarg can settle in and find some good form...quickly.
Rex

Post by Rex »

Schultz will settle and prove to be worth the second round pick we gave up for him… It still does my head in that Hine was so intoxicated by our GF success that he gave up a future first as well. Two tragedies:what wonderful capital that would have given us to trade for players with our fist of cash; Schultz carries the burden of knowing this and knowing he’s not equal to what we paid. If he’d come over for a second rounder only or waited until he was free to move at season’s end I suspect we’d have seen a more relaxed and therefore ‘better version of himself’.
He will get better, though I’m less sure he’s best 22 given the performances to date of Harrison and Richards. He's ahead of McCreery, whose forward development has stalled (and who won’t get mid time ahead of Sullivan).
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Much better tonight; save for those sodas at goal he missed in 1st term, would have been his best game for us yet.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

I reckon it was his best game so far. He will continue to improve and be a valuable addition to the team. I have faith in his ability to do that.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 29 times

Post by ANNODAM »

As long as he improves, can’t ask for more than that.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Last night convinced me Schultz has a head problem. Those kicks are natural for a player like him, but he made them look as if each was the hardest thing he has to do on a footy field.
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

Charlie Oneeye wrote:Last night convinced me Schultz has a head problem. Those kicks are natural for a player like him, but he made them look as if each was the hardest thing he has to do on a footy field.
Harsh; after tin-arsing their way back into the match with maggot assistance, the Welfare also missed many gettable shots at goal later in the game.
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Jezza
Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 192 times

Post by Jezza »

3 goals and presented well. Happy with his performance despite the first quarter misses.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times

Post by stui magpie »

Yeah, I reckon that was his best game so far for us.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.