Post Match. Pies bombed. All comments.

Match previews, reviews, reports and discussion.

Moderator: bbmods

Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

ANNODAM wrote:What I’d give for Grundy right about now…

Also Ginnivan, the rot started when he left.

Grundy went to the Deees, after us, and he flopped. Ginni has been ok so far for Dawks, but he will **** up again, its in his nature, you dont go to the races, the night before the GF. ! Total stupidity and he played poorly. My son played in a Premiership, U/15s and he had the sense to be in bed by 9 pm, night before. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

23 YIPPEE!!! wrote:Last real good recruiter we had was noel judkins
No, this imbecile cost us Pavlich in 1999
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

pietillidie wrote:C'mon, people. Footy is a game played over our lifetimes, and we all know many periods have been far, far worse and far, far less promising, lacking even in a brilliant season and grand final win. The organisation and culture is in a much better state than in memory to manage a challenging phase like this without throwing the toys out of the cot each and every loss.

Plenty of sides need to reload after a granny win, depending on the state of the list at the time. We've just done it once and soon enough we'll do it again. Have a little faith in what you've seen happen in recent times, and the number of players we're developing and blooding in the light of a shocking injury run.

HEAR HEAR, WELL SAID, BRAVO. At long last, some common sense, Totally agree, mass injuries have ruined our season, second only to the Tigers, and look at them now. We do have some promising kids, and we will hit the trades hard. I wonder what the reaction would be if we beat the Cats next week, every game is different. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by ANNODAM »

I have a 15yo son about to play a tournament in Gippsland next week, he’ll also be in bed by 9pm, what else is he gonna do at that age?

Ginni was an adult, I don’t see an issue with what he did personally, if that’s how he chills before a GF, so be it.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
piedys
Has liked: 281 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by piedys »

ANNODAM wrote:Ginni was an adult, I don’t see an issue with what he did personally, if that’s how he chills before a GF, so be it.
Ginni is a child in a man's body; he'll get burnt playing with matches again - he can't help himself...
M I L L A N E 4 2 forever
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

ANNODAM wrote:I have a 15yo son about to play a tournament in Gippsland next week, he’ll also be in bed by 9pm, what else is he gonna do at that age?

Ginni was an adult, I don’t see an issue with what he did personally, if that’s how he chills before a GF, so be it.

Rubbish, was a total dickhead smartarse, and played a very poor game, being an adult he should have done the team thing, and did what his team mates did. He will cockup, hes accident prone, like the McStay camera affair. Like to see how sniper coach Mitchell handles that. :P

masoncox
Been liked: 3 times

Post by masoncox »

We will see what is left of the seconds tomorrow at windy hill.
What is it....we have lost the last 9 games at VFL level.
Not looking good in any shape or form.
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Dark Beanie »

VFL is on Sunday at Frankston.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome
shawthing
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by shawthing »

Piesnchess wrote: Im sure Fly will be right onto it this week.
We said that last week. The fact is this team doesn't listen anymore. Fly has got to stop with the nice guy, best mate attitude and morph into a demon coach. Get back up in the box where coaches belong. He's too much of a supporter at ground level - we need some old fashion Malthouse mongrel.

Tonight was the most disappointing loss in a very long time. Had we not performed a minor miracle against North Melbourne we'd have been staring at a position in the bottom half of the ladder. Might still get there looking at our draw to come.

Geelong is a non-negotiable next week. Lose that and the season is all over red rover.
Magpietothemax
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Magpietothemax »

shawthing wrote:
Geelong is a non-negotiable next week. Lose that and the season is all over red rover.
Checkers: out for season
IQ: ????
Cameron: out for several weeks

Would love to say Geelong is a non-negotiable, but you can't negotiate when you have so many senior 22 players out.
Watched Fly's presser.
He was bravely trying to assert that is not an issue of personnel...it is only an issue of how you play, not who plays.
But the look on his face was haunted.
He knows that there comes a tipping point when that just isnt true.
Loss of Cameron, Checkers and IQ on top of Beau, JFN last week is just insane.
Fly knows that what he is saying is just cosmetic.
You can see it on his face.
But what else can he say??
I am just so devastated by the injury tsunami that has washed away our season.
Free Julian Assange!!
Ice in the veins
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

shawthing wrote:
Piesnchess wrote: Im sure Fly will be right onto it this week.
We said that last week. The fact is this team doesn't listen anymore. Fly has got to stop with the nice guy, best mate attitude and morph into a demon coach. Get back up in the box where coaches belong. He's too much of a supporter at ground level - we need some old fashion Malthouse mongrel.

Tonight was the most disappointing loss in a very long time. Had we not performed a minor miracle against North Melbourne we'd have been staring at a position in the bottom half of the ladder. Might still get there looking at our draw to come.

To be fair, Fly cant help the fact we just have never ending injuries each week, now both Checkers and Cameron gone,for weeks, its a revolving door, and has basically ruined our season. I actually prefer Fly on the ground. close to the action, his passion, hes not the only coach who does it. Yeh, Cats is the last stand next week, our D-day moment.

shawthing

Post by shawthing »

Piesnchess wrote: Some on here going on as if we lost by ten goals. :roll:
We may as well have. Another loss of 4 points on top of the two draws where we lost another 4 points. Look at our draw for the rest of the year. Richmond aside, where are our wins coming from? Especially with all the new injury problems. At this rate half the side will be VFL players and we'll have to forfeit the VFL games (not that it matters as we are shite there as well).

I'm just so glad we won the flag last year because we could be waiting another 20 years for the next one (as we did after 1990). How many will Hawthorn, Essendon and Carlton have won by then I wonder?
shawthing

Post by shawthing »

piedys wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:What I’d give for Grundy right about now…
We need Grundy to stop Carlton storming to a 17th flag; we'll have to get on the pink ducks wagon now.
Correct weight there my friend.
Piesnchess

Post by Piesnchess »

shawthing wrote:
Piesnchess wrote: Some on here going on as if we lost by ten goals. :roll:
We may as well have. Another loss of 4 points on top of the two draws where we lost another 4 points. Look at our draw for the rest of the year. Richmond aside, where are our wins coming from? Especially with all the new injury problems. At this rate half the side will be VFL players and we'll have to forfeit the VFL games (not that it matters as we are shite there as well).

I'm just so glad we won the flag last year because we could be waiting another 20 years for the next one (as we did after 1990). How many will Hawthorn, Essendon and Carlton have won by then I wonder?

Dons cant even win a final, let alone a GF, they beat an injury riddled team tonight by 11 points, whoopiedoo. Blues have not won a flag in the 21st century, an have not won it yet, Swans are still the team to beat. 2025 will be much better season for us, with a full settled team, and a few good trades, we are still a destination club, with a very good culture. Im staying positive in the long term.

Jezza
Has liked: 131 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

Disappointing night, but some people need to seriously get a grip.

Winning back to back flags was always going to be a tough assignment and maybe tonight confirms it's a bridge too far. However, everything this playing group and Fly produced over the past two seasons deserves nothing but gratitude and appreciation from us. They made our dreams come true and it's something we should cherish forever.

On tonight's game, we were thoroughly outplayed after quarter time. The first quarter was encouraging which we were expecting after Fly's post-match comments last week, but the inability to sustain it was concerning.

The lack of intensity and pressure stood out with our tackle count being at only 43. Hard to know the reason for it, but it's damning that we had 6 players who didn't record a single tackle to their name and 6 more players only recorded 1 tackle. That's half the team with 1 tackle or less.

This year we've been predominantly scoring from front half turnovers and this completely collapsed tonight with McCreery absent due to injury and our forwards not applying enough tackling pressure. Schultz (1 tackle), Mihocek (0 tackles), Hill (0 tackles) just about sums up the poor tackle numbers.

The injury list continues to mount with Checkers, Cameron and IQ. We're just unable to get some continuity with our squad unfortunately.

Personally, I think our premiership aspirations are gone for the year. It just hasn't clicked the way we were hoping. What's cost us is the first three losses of the season (coinciding with the earliest start in VFL/AFL history). After already being on the back foot early, it gave us little room for error to slip up again as we're doing now.

Like we usually say, there's always next week.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆