Biden presidency and 2024 election campaign

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

From what I can take from the media reports, the shooter was clearly an amateur.

He apparently used an AR style assault rifle. Those things aren't designed for sniping, the barrel is too short.

He shot from a standing position. A proper sniper uses a long barrelled bolt action rifle and shoots from a prone position using a rest (like a bipod) to keep the gun steady.

considering everything, it's a pure fluke he managed to hit Trump at all. Any half decent marksman using a bolt action 22-250 with a 10x scope firing from a prone position could have chosen which eye he wanted to hit at 150-200m.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

Jezza wrote:
think positive wrote:Missed it by that much!

Bullet clipped trumps ear by the looks!

Hmm,very suss!

Conspiracy? Shots fired and a blood pellet?

No one else hurt? Hmmm
Sorry, Jo. I think you’re wrong.

Others were hurt as a matter of fact.
looks like you are right, since the shooter was such an ammeter

that picture will be sadly immortalised, the election is over before it starts
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

Woods Of Ypres wrote:he's a warrior i give him that
no way he loses now
He's got gigantic stones. Was shot and rather than cower, he stood up.

When he wins the election, I suspect the Russian and Israeli conflicts to peter out and China wont be eying off Taiwan.
Fighting against the objectification of woman.
KenH

Post by KenH »

What'sinaname wrote:
Woods Of Ypres wrote:he's a warrior i give him that
no way he loses now
He's got gigantic stones. Was shot and rather than cower, he stood up.

When he wins the election, I suspect the Russian and Israeli conflicts to peter out and China wont be eying off Taiwan.
Really I'm not sure about that, Russia and Israel will be happy they will be left to do what they want, hopefully he doesn't let China do whatever they want as well!
Cheers big ears
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

Did he miss or was it the perfect shot?

Nothing would surprise me when it comes to Trump and his followers.

If it's the former then what a damn shame he can't shoot for sh*t.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
Jezza
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 193 times

Post by Jezza »

KenH wrote:Really I'm not sure about that, Russia and Israel will be happy they will be left to do what they want, hopefully he doesn't let China do whatever they want as well!
Russia and Israel are doing what they want now.

The Russia-Ukraine conflict can be solved with some compromise and negotiation. The never ending funding and aid from NATO/EU is only prolonging the conflict and causing mass casualties on both sides. In the end, I can see a scenario where an agreement is reached that entails that the annexed territory will be recognised as Russian territory which includes Eastern Ukraine and Crimea, Ukraine is not to join NATO and Russia is to withdraw all their troops from all other areas not currently under their occupation.

Israel and Palestine appears more complex on the surface, especially as long as Netanyahu remains leader and Hamas retains power in Gaza.
Last edited by Jezza on Sun Jul 14, 2024 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Jezza
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 193 times

Post by Jezza »

swoop42 wrote:Did he miss or was it the perfect shot?

Wow :shock:
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

The FBI has identified the shooter in the assassination attempt on former president Donald Trump as 20-year-old Thomas Matthew Crooks of Pennsylvania, a registered Republican voter who looks like an unemployed gamer who lives in his mums basement and who's diet consisted of coco pops and cheetos.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
swoop42
Been liked: 3 times

Post by swoop42 »

The perfect patsy.

I never thought I'd want 2 inches more than when I'm in the bedroom but here I am.
He's mad. He's bad. He's MaynHARD!
pietillidie
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by pietillidie »

More destabilising madness from Madville. It's hard to know where to start with this one. Is the Pizzagate sequel out yet?

Looking briefly at the video, that's exactly what you'd expect a narcissistic psychopath to do. Rather than go into normal emergency life-saving mode, the bloke puts everyone else's lives at risk to take a moment for a photo op and, almost satirically, to grab his shoes while they shield him.

Even against training and the drilled reaction of security, in the midst of all that, all he can think about is himself. And his shoes. It's astonishing.

So no, that's not courage, which requires overcoming fear. It's a lack of default fear response and a grotesque selfishness that endangers everyone else's lives in pursuit of his own ends. That's why he can live in chaos, conflict and jeopardy and say cringeworthy nonsense on repeat; he just isn't burdened by fear, concern and shame like everyone else.
In the end the rain comes down, washes clean the streets of a blue sky town.
Help Nick's: http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
Skids
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 31 times

Post by Skids »

Trump $1.40
Putin $6.50
Don't count the days, make the days count.
think positive

Post by think positive »

Jezza wrote:
swoop42 wrote:Did he miss or was it the perfect shot?

Wow :shock:
I get why you’re shocked but I’m with swoop, one of the 2 needs to be gone, force the yanks into a different scenario.

How many millions and this is the best options they can find? A madman and a man going mad

if trump actually had to face all his crimes he get life. Ask all the people he has sold out and destroyed, small time investors, the works.
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

stui magpie wrote:From what I can take from the media reports, the shooter was clearly an amateur.

He apparently used an AR style assault rifle. Those things aren't designed for sniping, the barrel is too short.

He shot from a standing position. A proper sniper uses a long barrelled bolt action rifle and shoots from a prone position using a rest (like a bipod) to keep the gun steady.

considering everything, it's a pure fluke he managed to hit Trump at all. Any half decent marksman using a bolt action 22-250 with a 10x scope firing from a prone position could have chosen which eye he wanted to hit at 150-200m.
With the benefit of more information, it seems the shooter was just a shit shot.

He did apparently shoot from the prone position and, even with the shorter barrel of an AR15, with the ammo being basically a .223 which has a very similar profile to the 22-250, any half decent marksman wouldn't miss from that range.

On a side note, I checked out Truth Social this morning. Oh wow. :shock: He has a following that resembles religious zealots.
think positive

Post by think positive »

My eldest was at the Jack black concert in Sydney last night, it was a band members birthday, he had a cake and made a wish “may the next guy not miss!’

At least they are looking at other candidates to replace Biden now
stui magpie

Post by stui magpie »

I get why people would think that way, but they don't consider that other people may feel the same way about their candidate.

encouraging people to act out and shoot politicians isn't going to go well for any democracy.