#2 Jordan De Goey

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 89 times

Re: 2024 Injury tracker (please quote/link source).

Post by Pies2016 »

It was all a bridge to far for Jordy over the last couple months. It all started with an abductor injury that led to a modified training program. That brought on a groin strain that reduced his training load enough to induce a hamstring injury bad enough to include tendon damage. Could have been worse, at least he seems to have avoided surgery. He’s got about a 10 week rehab program in front of him, so the timing is ok in terms of coming back cherry ripe for the next pre season. Might be the best thing for him to get some time away for awhile and then come back hungry once again for the 2025 season.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
Johnno75
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Johnno75 »

JDG was pretty much done with his groin issues anyway. Probably a blessing to get him ripe for 2025.
Human behavioural studies suggest people who use a lot of swear words tend to be more honest & trustworthy.
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

I don't want to seem overly critical, but has JDG always looked a bit overweight and slightly unfit? I'm not having a go at him, as he's one of my favourites, and players come in all types of body shapes, but to my untrained eye, he's never looked absolutely ripped. It may be purely coincidental, but I wonder if this has contributed to his history of injuries. I'd love more than anything else, for Jordy to work his butt off, take up Pendles' diet, and come back next season absolutely ripped and raring to go.