#9 John Noble - requests a trade

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

gurugeoff
Been liked: 4 times

Re: #9 John Noble - requests a trade

Post by gurugeoff »

a bit of a win / win here.

Gold Coast could do with someone who gives 110 percent, and we can cover his loss i reckon. Seeing he is contracted, we should hold out for a decent pick.

However, don't believe the family crap. Seeing he has some family up there, he can use this excuse, but this is all about his football, and fair enough. He didn't make the grand final side, his place in the side isn't safe, and he can get more money, more field time, more years at Gold Coast
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

gurugeoff wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 3:08 pm @gurugeoff
i agree and I wish him nothing but the best. no matter how he plays against us. seems like a decent guy who quite frankly, was robbed of a flag.
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
think positive
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 88 times

Post by think positive »

dalyc wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 3:02 pm
inxs88 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:12 pm He is contracted to us till 2026 so Justin Leppitsch play it tough, stop saying we shall accommodate a trade and for once in a lifetime Pies, GET OVERS on a deal vs getting rorted!! Pick 20 please!
This! This! This!
100% go hard or stay home!
You cant fix stupid, turns out you cant quarantine it either!
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

Pies2016 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 2:30 pm Historically, the Suns don’t play hard ball with their trades because they usually have so many draft picks, they don’t have a need to screw the clubs they deal with.
Add in that Leo Lombard is a highly touted NGA prospect ( expected to go in the teens ) and the chances increase that they would trade out either 20 or 26. It might be that we trade Noble and one of our third rounders ( which they use for points on Lombard ) for either 20 or 26.
Finishing up with 20 or 26 for any trade involving Noble would be a good return.

@Pies2016 You seem to have a more detailed grasp of all this than me, but why wouldn't we go for their pick 13?

Earlier in this thread I compared Noble to Schultz, which I think is a fair one.

Both good not great role players, one a small pressure forward, the other a rebounding defender
Both mature age draftees out of state leagues
Both under contract
Both offered a 4 year deal on more money to move closer to family.

We gave a future first rounder for Schultz, expecting it to be around pick 16-18. Why wouldn't we try for Noble and a 3rd rounder for their pick 13? The value of anything is only what someone else is prepared to pay for it, let's see what they're prepared to pay.
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Mr Miyagi wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 1:06 pm
qldmagpie67 wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 12:37 pm Derek his dad is team manager for dick Johnson racing (V8’s) based on Gold Coast
David Noble. Unless he has a second dad named Derek?
Sorry I was replying to DerkD question and my auto correct turned it to Derek
Im aware his fathers name is David Noble
slangman
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by slangman »

^I totally agree that Schultz is the forward line version of Noble so we should not accept anything less than pick 20.
- Side By Side -
RudeBoy
Been liked: 74 times

Post by RudeBoy »

It's perfectly reasonable that he should seek a trade elsewhere to a club where his spot in the side is more secure. I suspect that the emergence of Parker as a defender as well as the positioning of Josh Daicos in defence, signalled that his senior game time was under threat. Despite his limitations, he always gave 100 per cent and I wish him well at the Suns, if that's where he ends up. Hopefully, we can get something reasonable in return.
Magpie Russ
Has liked: 24 times
Been liked: 16 times

Post by Magpie Russ »

Noble vs Rioli
Disposals 18.5 v 15.4
Kicks 11.8 v 8.2
Handballs 6.6 v 7.1
Marks 4.7 v 3.3
Tackles 2.4 vs 3.0
Metres gained 327.6 v 257.8
Goals.... 8 v 109
gurugeoff
Been liked: 4 times

Post by gurugeoff »

It's all about the number of suitors. Any other team want to fight over Noble?
Pies2016
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 89 times

Post by Pies2016 »

stui magpie wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 3:38 pm ^Why wouldn't we try for Noble and a 3rd rounder for their pick 13? The value of anything is only what someone else is prepared to pay for it, let's see what they're prepared to pay.
@stui magpie by all means we could ask for their pick 13 but when I do my “ maths “, I try to go with conservative outcomes, rather than get peoples hopes up with a less than likely outcome.
When we played overs for Shultz ( and that’s what I thought at the time ) the Dockers would sell his worth as having finished fifth and sixth in their last two b and f’s. You pay a lot for that sort of profile at a club. We would sell Noble as a regular in a good side and that’s about it in terms of achievements and accolades.
The other side of the coin is that this a serious quality draft ( mainly mids ) so pick # 13 is a very significant asset. The Suns decision to trade #13 or not is also further complicated as to when the bid comes in for Leo Lombard. If they believe it will come in after their pick # 13, then they would be less inclined to part with it even more so. If they think the bid would come in before #13, then they may consider parting with it. According to Twomey, Lombard is expected to go around the mid teens, so it’s a hard one to pick.

The permutations for this trade are endless but at least we’re setting ourselves up to be active in the trade period and that’s what matters most.
Gary Player “ the harder I practice, the luckier I get “
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

Who wants the Pies to play hardball? Coach Macrae says he wants Noble to stay, and it will have to be a good deal. Now for the Pies to follow through!

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/depart ... fd2b69352e

The article also names Leppa as the new list manager. Is this official CFC? Tell us!
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
LaurieHolden
Has liked: 152 times
Been liked: 153 times

Post by LaurieHolden »

^because Leppitsch was named Head of Football Strategy, Innovation and List Management in February.
"The Club's not Jock, Ted and Gerry" (& Eddie)
2023 AFL Premiers
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

^
yeah we know that but they've started calling him the 'new' list manager
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
Charlie Oneeye
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Charlie Oneeye »

Magpie Russ wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2024 1:44 pm Gold Coast holds picks 6, 13, 20, 26, 34, 46 and 70
He wasn't selected for the GF and if not for all our injuries this year, he may have been playing a lot more in the ressies. He is on the fringe of our best 22.

His Dad is a footy professional, and this move would have started GF week.

His worth?
If GC has offered 4 years, an admission they see long-term value. We also wish to retain him for the same reason.

That's at least pick 20 in my book.
Or how about our 3rd round for their 13. One can only wish. lol
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

I think a fair deal would be Noble and pick 50 to the Suns pick 20 to Collingwood
If Adelaide are keen on Richard’s (who’s looking for game time and to be fair is down our pecking order as a small forward) we should ask for pick 25 or Keane as a straight swap. Port don’t have any currency we want this year so unless there prepared to deal next years future 2nd to us (we could use the points for young McGuane) then we say no deal.
Johnson or McInnes haven’t let us know yet what there doing so keeping our powder dry on any Richard’s deal would be wiser we might be able to get a package deal going.