Aussies v. Poms. ODI Series

For all sporting topics - news, discussion, score updates etc. - other than Aussie Rules and Premier League Soccer.

Moderators: pies4ever, bbmods

Pies4shaw
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 87 times

Aussies v. Poms. ODI Series

Post by Pies4shaw »

England all out for 315 - Marnus, Zampa (happy 100th ODI) and Head the destroyers - and Australia in a canter. 3/317 with 6 overs to spare. Marsh, the God of All Batsmen and Green kept the scoreboard racing along with Head making a restrained 154*. Marnus doubled up with a beautifully compiled 77*.

Most days, 77* and 3/39, plus 4 catches, would make Marnus a certainty for POTM - but Head’s 154* from 124 balls and 2/34 got the nod.

Despite their collective brilliance with the bat, Marcus and Head were arguably even more tremendous with the ball - England looked on pace for about 400 but collapsed in the face of a spin “onslaught” of sorts. Australia took England’s last 8 wickets for 102 in 17 overs after England had reached 2/213 in 33 overs. Welcome to the captaincy, Harry Brooks.

No Starc, no Hazlewood, no Cummins, no Maxwell. No worries.
Donny
Has liked: 47 times
Been liked: 24 times

Re: Aussies v. Poms. ODI Series

Post by Donny »

Excellent write-up, Mate. Just caught up with the news. Thanks. I was in hospital for the night. All good. :D

Top match for Labu. No surprise with Head. A star.
Donny.

It's a game. Enjoy it. :D
Dark Beanie
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Re: Aussies v. Poms. ODI Series

Post by Dark Beanie »

I was out last night but saw the scores when I got home.
Looked like England were cruising @ 6 runs per over and only 1 wicket down.

Good result when you consider the players that were missing.

PS. Glad to hear everything is OK Donny.
If you are foolish enough to be contented, don't show it, but just grumble with the rest. - Jerome K Jerome