Vale / in Memorium

Nick's current affairs & general discussion about anything that's not sport.
Voice your opinion on stories of interest to all at Nick's.

Moderator: bbmods

mugway05

Post by mugway05 »

R.I.P. Mick. Our thoughts are with Dale, Ricky, Danny and the rest of the family. You truly were an awesome character and you certainly helped promote the game of AFL in Brisbane and will be sorely missed especially by the Mayne Football Club.
Around the world in a Collingwood Jumper.

Check out: www.myspace.com/mugway05
Black_White

Post by Black_White »

3rd degree

Post by 3rd degree »

I heard people used to take him party pies at training sounded like a funny bloke. RIP Mick Nolan.
" Ohhh Banksy and out comes the Note Book".

www.facebook/the hybernators
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

R.I.P. Mick Nolan,one of the last great characters of our game.He will be sadly missed.Actually Northern PIe,he coached the Mayne club up in Brisbane.not Coorparoo.I remember that because i lived in Brisbane at the time,and my family were supporters of the Mayne footy club.He captain coached the club to its last premiership in 1982.
Northern Pie

Post by Northern Pie »

Hi Lois,

Yes you are right he did coach Mayne sorry about that, I was 8 after all...I must have met him at a coaching clinic or possibly met him at the Coorparoo club....sorry for the confusion....for some reason I have in my head that he either coached Coorparoo or was going to coach Coorparoo because he was down at the Club a fair bit as I do remember him coming out for a kick or two with the Juniors before the seniors started training.

Cheers
doriswilgus
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by doriswilgus »

Hi Northern Pie,yes i have fond memories of seeing Mick Nolan run around in a Mayne jumper up there.Brisbane used to have a great local competition in those days-it's a shame the Brisbane Bears virtually killed it off when they joined the A.F.L.
Didak the Superstar

Post by Didak the Superstar »

R.I.P buddy
" Alan Didak = Simply Amazing "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szYPH6Mlv0Y
The Weed

Post by The Weed »

i actually played against Mick in QLD, he was a nice bloke and even though he didnt have much run in him he was still a good player as he had great pair of hands and was a beautiful tap ruckman. I have this photo of Mick and I contesting a boundary throw in, its quite funny as Mick would have been a conservative 130kg then and i was about 82 kg trying to body him out, it was a bit like the elephant and the ant if you know what i mean.

RIP Big Mick
jack_spain

"You were wrong!" Allan Scott dies. Will Choco...

Post by jack_spain »

...go to the funeral?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008 ... ion=justin

Port Adelaide Football Club president Greg Boulton says Mr Scott's sponsorship and generosity were vital in helping the Power enter the AFL.

"Allan came on board at that time, he wanted to assist us," he said.

"Without that initial support, that then grew on to him being a joint major sponsor and joint patron, helped us with starting our admin and rehab facility that we call the Allan Scott Power Headquarters, without that we just wouldn't be where we are.

"You know, we are forever grateful."

Everyone except Choco! :oops:
Last edited by jack_spain on Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pricey_1981

Post by Pricey_1981 »

he was a great supporter of South Australia and the Port Adelaide FC. Was a good bloke from all reports.
Daniel Price
Member of the SA Magpies, http://samagpies.magpies.net
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

^ Exactly Pricey. The reason why Choco's GF remarks were so "wrong".

Allan Scott RIP.
zoia

Post by zoia »

shit that comes as a shock R.I.P Allan scott
spoljar

Post by spoljar »

jack_spain wrote:^ Exactly Pricey. The reason why Choco's GF remarks were so "wrong".

Allan Scott RIP.
What was wrong about Choco's remarks? Scott stated that Williams would never coach port to a premiership and clearly he was wrong!

The comments were made when he was alive, not today. I would hardly think Choco would take some great pleasure out of Scott's death!

Either way, Allan Scott RIP.
fan4collingwood

Post by fan4collingwood »

RIP Allan Scott, sounds like he was a great bloke, and maybe just gave Port the kick up the backside to get them to win their flag. Choco and Allan have worked together for many many years, and I am sure they were mates.

Jack Spain, you sure write a lot about things you know nothing about, just to get people to argue with you.
jack_spain

Post by jack_spain »

fan4collingwood wrote: Jack Spain, you sure write a lot about things you know nothing about, just to get people to argue with you.
:lol: Well it would be a pretty boring board if we all agreed with each other and no one posted new threads. Controversial, comical, deliberately provocative, reasoned argument. It all makes Nick's a more interesting place. Besides, without Frank Stone or Alec J. Hidell to argue with I have to find somebody to p!ss off. :wink:

HINT: Think The Chaser - Just don't take it all so literally.