What would improve your experience of Nick's BB?

Suggestions, praise, feedback. Need to communicate with the moderators? This is the place. If you need to communicate privately with the moderators, send email to lesbastardssinistres(at)magpies.net

Moderator: bbmods

David
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 37 times

What would improve your experience of Nick's BB?

Post by David »

It seems there's a lot of frustration and negativity around at the moment, so I thought I'd start this thread as a positive alternative: what would you like to see improved on Nick's? What do you think could be made better? What are the things that are working for you right now and you want to see maintained?

Post anything you can think of. Perhaps if there's enough agreement about certain points, we can refine them and present them to the moderators as a summary.
"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
September Zeros

Post by September Zeros »

Thanks David.

I want to bump wokko's post here:
Wokko wrote:Just a suggestion for mods when they delete content. Maybe edit the offending post or content of post and leave a brief message as to why you've removed what you have. It's downright confusing trying to find a post you know you made and it's just gone.

Something along the lines of this:

Bootsma sent pics of his johnson to a girl who was *Removed allegation of illegal conduct, please refrain from making allegations on Nick's*. His girlfriend is pregnant in hospital too.

This way the person's post is intact but the reason for needing to moderate it is obvious and lets the person know not to repeat it. Same goes if a whole post does need to go for some reason :

*Post removed due to abuse*

Much more helpful than just removing it.
I think the above is a great and needed idea.

On the reason I ended up posting here ...... I'd love it if general discussion was put back to the way it was and should be: General discussion on all things footy. It's more user friendly and stops threads dying so quickly. I understand it's not that hard to find but I don't understand the need to separate pie related news from general footy discussion. It's a Collingwood board and general footy discussion will always shift and lean towards Collingwood talk in the wash up.
No Pressure, No Diamonds

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Post by KenH »

Agree with September Zeros, go back the old General Footy Discussion!
Cheers big ears
Bob Sugar

Post by Bob Sugar »

Wish they'd fix the clock up, Wouldn't mind a like button either.

I don't like the current quote feature, you quote one post and end up quoting the whole convo, it gets very messy IMO.

A couple of mods wouldn't go astray, as long as they aren't dikwads though.

And I would also prefer the main board allowed non pies related AFL content.
Defender...........

On the day before the first, Daicos created God.

You like this.
David

Post by David »

"Every time we witness an injustice and do not act, we train our character to be passive in its presence." – Julian Assange
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Not have People attack you when you post your Thoughts
I am Da Man
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

Perhaps now that the Player Threads are no longer relevant that can be turned into a board where people can go throw abuse, blame, and have a carry on about the loses so the General Board can be clear of some of the rubbish that gets posted after a lost.

Now I've not read em, the thread titles alone make me avoid them like the plague, then you can maybe move all the other AFL threads back.

Everyone wins.
Dave The Man
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Dave The Man »

Want to say a reason but I will get banned for it
I am Da Man
The Prototype

Post by The Prototype »

If you can do so without any insults, etc, I doubt they'll ban you.
King Monkey
Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

Post by King Monkey »

KenH wrote:Agree with September Zeros, go back the old General Footy Discussion!
Agree mostly!!
Probably better to leave discussions specifically about other games & teams in "other AFL".
Rules & umpiring, general AFL news, and the like should stay in GD in my opinion.
"I am a great sage, equal of heaven.
Grow stick, grow.
Fly cloud, fly.
Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."

Post by 5150 »

Weekly prize for the best post.

Maybe if you get 5 P.O.W you should get to insult nickster of your choice without fear of being carded.
Nick - Pie Man

Post by Nick - Pie Man »

There is insufficient copulation on this forum. Every male member should be presented with a selection of at least five females for with which to intercourse.
David

Post by David »

Although his gender is indeterminate, HAL is always free for a cyber session if you feel like it.

http://nick.magpies.net/bb/hal/

Post by 5150 »

Nick - Pie Man wrote:There is insufficient copulation on this forum. Every male member should be presented with a selection of at least five females for with which to intercourse.
I still find it hard to the determine gender of some posters.

Anyway, give me Stui, David, Tannin, 1061 and Wokko.

There's bound to be a looker amongst them surely...
stui magpie
Has liked: 72 times
Been liked: 74 times

Post by stui magpie »

5150 wrote:
Nick - Pie Man wrote:There is insufficient copulation on this forum. Every male member should be presented with a selection of at least five females for with which to intercourse.
I still find it hard to the determine gender of some posters.

Anyway, give me Stui, David, Tannin, 1061 and Wokko.

There's bound to be a looker amongst them surely...
Sorry knackers but you're shit out of luck, heads like bashed crabs all round.

David at least though is young and skinny, with a pillow case and the right drugs................ :P
Every dead body on Mt Everest was once a highly motivated person, so maybe just calm the **** down.