Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#17 Billy Frampton

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 2:26 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The knock on Framptons career has always been his inconsistency and that for whatever reason, his best and worst are poles apart. In his last year at Adelaide before joining the Pies, he was BOG against the Dogs as a key defender ( 3 Brownlow votes ) and looked like a world beater. Four games later, he was dropped from the seniors.
He’s the quintessential “ straight line “ big man who does his best work against forwards who like him, aren’t overly aerobically gifted. Give him a match up that suits him and he will likely continue to get it done but the concern will come when he’s matched up against the more athletic agile types. Having said that, Charlie Dean could learn a lot from Billys attack on the ball. It’s inspiring !
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:06 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
^

Isn't Daniher aerobically gifted?
Anyway, I think Darcy Moore and Frampers complement each other beautifully. Frampers has the qualities Darcy lacks in many ways, and vice verca. Agree that you would not play Frampton against highlty agile forwards such as Ugle-Hagen, maybe Curnow etc. So against Carlton, for example, I would put Frampton on McKay and Moore on Curnow...please let me know in as tactful a way as possible if I am totally wrong!

Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:20 pm

I rate him.
Nuff said.
Go Pies

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:28 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
^

For once, you're right

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:43 pm

At big stadiums, Frampton comes alive!

Frampton comes alive 3.jpg

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:27 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
^

Isn't Daniher aerobically gifted?
Curnow...please let me know in as tactful a way as possible if I am totally wrong!

Yes MM, Daniher has a reasonable amount of athleticism but he simply isn’t in great form at the moment. Frampton as a key defender, will always take the biggest deepest forward and Moore will play in front of him. If Billy is lucky, he will get a match up he likes, if not, then he just plays the opponent on merit. He’s in good form, so he’s probably better equipped to handle these guys now than at any time before. Fullback is all about understanding the angles and decision making. The longer you play the position, the better you become ( not much different to any position, except that different positions require different skill sets ) He’s most likely simply becoming smarter at playing the position. And given that he hasn’t yet played 50 games, he’s probably still learning at a rapid rate.
Charlie Oneeye Scorpio

charlie oneeye

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:27 pm

We may be seeing what the coaches have trained into him over the pre-season.

With nothing to lose, some new tricks, in a winless team, the only way for confidence is upwards. I think he has always been very serviceable, but so far, he looks like an AA contender.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 6:18 pm

Interview with Dwayne Russell on Friday, after he singlehandedly beat the Bears (after singlehandedly beating the Bears in the Grand Final): https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/collingwood-defender-billy-frampton-on-dwaynes-world/id1198117761?i=1000650794505

Listen from 6.35 in for one of the great audiio grabs of all-time on his Grand Final effort - Dwayne: "You almost won the game for them, may I say", followed by a moment's silence and a big chuckle from Billy.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:43 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Interview with Dwayne Russell on Friday, after he singlehandedly beat the Bears (after singlehandedly beating the Bears in the Grand Final): https://podcasts.apple.com/au/podcast/collingwood-defender-billy-frampton-on-dwaynes-world/id1198117761?i=1000650794505

Listen from 6.35 in for one of the great audiio grabs of all-time on his Grand Final effort - Dwayne: "You almost won the game for them, may I say", followed by a moment's silence and a big chuckle from Billy.

lol...wish i could hear it (im an androider...)
But yeah, wonderful to hear that Frampers is getting recognition now. This will build his confidence going forward.

Newelly Aries

newelly

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:03 pm

[quote="Pies2016"]
Magpietothemax wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
^
^

The zen master says we'll see. Like you though I hope for the best with Peter Billy Frampton

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8   

Jump to: