To the Zillennials: A Warning

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

A lot of water to go under the bridge still my friends. Every team is just a few injuries away from having their season derailed. Hopefully we’ve had all our bad luck and been able to mostly keep winning. Sydney’s biggest problem is that the GF is played at the MCG not the SCG. We are in it up to our eye balls. So are the Blues. I relish the opportunity to ruin their finals campaign… AGAIN!
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by piffdog »

Not to mention they have had virtually no injuries so far this year... Wonder if they will lose one of their three gun young mids and Amartey (for example) come September... (not that we'd wish ill upon anyone!)
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

glasseyevfx wrote:I've been looking forward to the blues coming back into form - I'd love to see a collingwood carlton grand final. Bring it on I say. There's no rivalry like an old rivalry

Dunno mate, the last time we beat Caaaaarlton in a GF, was before the Titanic hit the iceberg, way way back,1910. Since then from memory, they have defeated us in 6 GFs, including the Harmes boundary line debacle. 1970 GF, was in the bag, nearly 8 goals up, half time, but we blew it, lost the unloseable and its haunted us veteran Pies fans since. Never have I felt so bitterly disappinted, a young teen then, it gutted me. Gutted, My only joy was seeing them now have more wooden spoons, 3 more than us, and equaling their 16 flags,they hated that ! Nah, I dont want to meet them in a GF, be a friggin nervous wreck, anyonebut them. :o :roll:
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Damien
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Damien »

I understand exactly where you’re coming from but better to have lost in love than to never have loved at all. Reward outweighs the risk I say. Bring it on.
'Collingwood are the Bradmans of Football'
The Herald - 1930
Boot
Been liked: 3 times

Post by Boot »

Damien wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
glasseyevfx wrote:I've been looking forward to the blues coming back into form - I'd love to see a collingwood carlton grand final. Bring it on I say. There's no rivalry like an old rivalry

Dunno mate, the last time we beat Caaaaarlton in a GF, was before the Titanic hit the iceberg, way way back,1910. Since then from memory, they have defeated us in 6 GFs, including the Harmes boundary line debacle. 1970 GF, was in the bag, nearly 8 goals up, half time, but we blew it, lost the unloseable and its haunted us veteran Pies fans since. Never have I felt so bitterly disappinted, a young teen then, it gutted me. Gutted, My only joy was seeing them now have more wooden spoons, 3 more than us, and equaling their 16 flags,they hated that ! Nah, I dont want to meet them in a GF, be a friggin nervous wreck, anyonebut them. :o :roll:
I understand exactly where you’re coming from but better to have lost in love than to never have loved at all. Reward outweighs the risk I say. Bring it on.
Yes, I agree with the idea of taking on Carlton in a Grand Final and for the first time in my lifetime seeing Collingwood defeat them. The stakes would be high and the tension immense but I think this current team has the potential to revenge the Grand Final losses of 1970, 1979 and 1981 against our greatest enemy in the league.
Collingwood Domination. Envy of the Nation!
neil
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 21 times

Post by neil »

Agree with P & C dont want to play them in a GF
Who wants to bet against a dodgy free kick to the scum 30 seconds before the siren
Or just the AFL calculating a scum victory guarantees huge financial benefits
Carlscum 120 years being cheating scum
lazzadesilva
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 51 times

Post by lazzadesilva »

My opinion based on experience and general expectations of the maggots wanting to be a part of the result especially in the last 5 minutes of the game, is that this is presenting a tempting opportunity I’d rather not give them. I don’t ever think that they cheat but I don’t trust their subconscious bias.
I term the current Collingwood attack based strategy “Unceasing Waves” like on a stormy and windy day with rough seas. A Perfect Storm ☔️
Presti35
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Presti35 »

Freo at the MCG sounds much nicer.
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
npalm
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by npalm »

Way too many chickens being counted here.
Side by side.
dillo_09

Post by dillo_09 »

Piesnchess wrote: Nah, I dont want to meet them in a GF, be a friggin nervous wreck, anyonebut them. :o :roll:
AGREED 100%. My worst Nightmare. Cannot begin to describe my hatred for them. 79&81 burn like a bushfire

I would rather defeat them in a Preliminary final comfortably and then go on to win the flag proving they are not even good enough to get to the GF, let alone win it!!
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Carlton & Essendon unfortunately for us, are both closer to #17 than us.
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Jezza
Has liked: 130 times
Been liked: 191 times

Post by Jezza »

^ Is this post designed to provoke a reaction?
🏆 | 1902 | 1903 | 1910 | 1917 | 1919 | 1927 | 1928 | 1929 | 1930 | 1935 | 1936 | 1953 | 1958 | 1990 | 2010 | 2023 | 🏆
Piesnchess
Has liked: 178 times
Been liked: 72 times

Post by Piesnchess »

ANNODAM wrote:Carlton & Essendon unfortunately for us, are both closer to #17 than us.

Utter horseshit, after tonight, Dons are yrs off their next flag, cannot even win one damn final, been what, 20 yrs ??, they are to quote your words , shit. :o
Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
ANNODAM
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by ANNODAM »

Let’s wait & see shall we.

Carlton as much as I hate the pr1cks aren’t shit.
They finish top 2 they’re a real chance especially if they play SYD at the G.

Watch them spoil Pendles 400th, just like they have spoilt so many of our milestones in the past.
I don’t trust those dogs, I don’t want them anywhere near a GF & I certainly don’t want them spoiling Pendles 400th, but it’ll be just like them to pull one over us.
That’s how they are!
WE WERE ROBBED, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, RIGHT IN FRONT OF MEEE!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
What'sinaname
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by What'sinaname »

ANNODAM wrote:Carlton & Essendon unfortunately for us, are both closer to #17 than us.
Carlton definitely. Carlton are the best team in the league at the moment. I don't buy into the Sydney hype. Carlton have the most complete list in the AFL and will be contended for the next 4 years

Essendon probably have a better chance on making this year's GF, but we'd a better chance of winning it if we made it.

But yeah, it'll be Carlton #17 before anyone else. And it very well might be in 3 month's time
Fighting against the objectification of woman.