Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

This is a Collingwood Bulletin Board - use this forum for general, Pies-related topics. For other footy topics, use Nick's Other AFL forum, and for non-footy sporting topics please use Nick's Sports Bar. For non-sporting topics please use the Victoria Park Tavern.

Moderator: bbmods

SLORT
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 64 times

Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

Post by SLORT »

~ Hmm, yeah just did a bit of a search here. Looks like he might be another one destined to be a legendary country league footballer but lacking the mental resilience for professional AFL. A pity really, considering he's kicking bags of goals and is the captain of his side.
Pies4shaw
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 87 times

Re: Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

Post by Pies4shaw »

Peatling is 25 next season and has played a tiny amount of useful football in his 45 games across 4 seasons. He’s only worth a go if he can be acquired cheap.
Jen2310
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by Jen2310 »

qldmagpie67 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 12:02 pm
Last I heard GWS offer was 2 years on around $325k plus some incentives which better the his current deal with is close to minimum wage plus match payments
Last I heard, a few days ago, GWS increased their offer. So probably an extra year or so.
He'll have to make a decision soon.
They are losing Cumming and that other FA, so think they can spare some cash.
qldmagpie67
Been liked: 78 times

Post by qldmagpie67 »

Ok @Jen2310 I hadn’t heard that. If they’ve increased there offer then our chances have diminished
Fingers crossed we can actually land a player 22/25 who can be best 22 in 2025
Presti35
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 63 times

Post by Presti35 »

StK about to offer Zach Merrett some kind of Godfather Deal. That'll be a big story. Does the Bombers captain want a move?
A Goal Saved Is 2 Goals Earned!
Jen2310
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by Jen2310 »

Looks like Peatling will stay on a 3 year deal. Could be sorted by end of the week

https://x.com/FootyonNine/status/1835299912344293753
SLORT

Post by SLORT »

Presti35 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2024 8:21 pm StK about to offer Zach Merrett some kind of Godfather Deal. That'll be a big story. Does the Bombers captain want a move?
I think it's based on the ideas that all his friends are being expelled. This weird "Godfather" label they've put on it though makes me think someone is gonna be kneecapped by Ross The Boss...
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

^ Well if we were in a position to go for Petracca... wouldn't you love to snag Merrett from Essendon. Not going to happen tho. But imagine that.
SLORT

Post by SLORT »

Listening to SEN it looks like Sam De Koning may be the lever that allows Bailey Smith to go to Geebung. Could be the basis of three way deals. Should we try to be involved or allow Cats & Dogs & Blues to play musical chairs alone?
SLORT

Post by SLORT »

Out of interest after seeing the Godfather offer, and with an eye to putting together one of our own, I looked up who Sheezel barracked for as a "kid". Hawthorn...bet they'll come knocking one day...
Presti35

Post by Presti35 »

^ what was the Godfather offer?

Also, I didnt know Sam De Koning wanted out. Is he wanting to get to Blues? I dont think we need to help out these teams, but I just wish we were getting Smith.
SLORT

Post by SLORT »

Presti35 wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 5:09 pm ^ what was the Godfather offer?

Also, I didnt know Sam De Koning wanted out. Is he wanting to get to Blues? I dont think we need to help out these teams, but I just wish we were getting Smith.
No idea what St Kilda is putting together to get the trade done, but I think they were talking about paying Merrett 1.5m per year.

Geebung is ignoring Sam by not picking him. If that remains the case for the remainder of the season it'd seem that something is going on. As to Carlton, it's actually Sam that grew up barracking for the Blues so that's why I was thinking some 3-way may end up happening.
K
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 17 times

Post by K »

The Black and White Lion wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 1:54 pm
SLORT wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2024 10:14 am Just a look at some of the defender options ~
Name Height Age I.Mark Spoils
Laverde 1.93m, 27yo, 1.9int 3.6sp
I'd be happier with Laverde than Stringer. If we've fallen apart for one role down back and still largely have the same forward line then I would target Laverde over Stringer. Dons may want more for him at 27 but he's surplus to their needs so we're in play. If we can't use the Noble trade to eke out a Dan Houston trade I'd be happy to trade some Noble spoils for Laverde.
Stats showed Laverde and another Ess. defender were two of the worst defenders in the AFL this season for winning 1-on-1 contests.

IIRC Laverde was also one of the defenders (Jake Kelly was in the frame too) who let Jamie take that last-second mark to win that game for Collingwood two seasons ago. At the time, Matthew Lloyd said that ball should have been spoiled 10 rows back into the crowd.
The Black and White Lion
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 65 times

Post by The Black and White Lion »

^ well I wasn’t exactly enamoured by the stringer links and you just rubbed off any hint of gloss on Laverde. Haha. Geez we’re lucky we picked DeGoey and not Laverde
Ed Allen kicked our last goal of the year at the 58minute mark
piffdog
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by piffdog »

The Black and White Lion wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:05 pm ^ well I wasn’t exactly enamoured by the stringer links and you just rubbed off any hint of gloss on Laverde. Haha. Geez we’re lucky we picked DeGoey and not Laverde
Careful - we wouldnt want to see any credit accrue to our list managers for prior decisions... :lol:
It's never as good/nor bad as it seems...